Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
The Producer is responsible for newsgathering on a variety of topics including general news, environment, politics, crime and business. A primary focus of the job will be working on sponsored series like Beyond the Call of Duty. The Producer should be generating and pitching enterprise story ideas with strong characters for all CNN platforms. The Producer will also be responsible for helping to news gather on large upcoming events like rallies, protests and work on logistics on these stories. In the role, you must have the experience to work closely with reporters, show teams, segment producers, editors, photojournalists and staff across multiple bureaus. In addition, this role is responsible for live segments, both in the field and in studio.
This job includes weekends.
• Outstanding news judgment, critical and strategic thinking and organization skills
• Skills in field producing, interviewing, as well as research and production a must
• Strong writing skills and a thorough understanding of the news business
• 4+ years producing experience in national or major media markets required
• Ability to travel with little advanced notice, job will require travel
• College Degree, preferably in Journalism or equivalent work experience
Shooting and editing experience not required, but encouraged
• 4+ years of production experience
• Strong editorial and field production skills
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
• News television industry experience preferred
• Video editing and shooting experience preferred
• This position is required to work in person at one of our locations in the United States. Warner Brother's Discovery requires anyone working in our workplaces in the US to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions to this vaccine requirement are available to those entitled to reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons.
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp5em0-34-236-192-4-42 in your application.