Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
The Producer, with senior producer guidance, prepares the rundown of news stories and oversees and executes the production of key video and graphic elements. The Producer makes important editorial decisions and guides talent, writers, associate producers and the technical team in the control room. Additionally, the producer must be able to build segments and develop story ideas from beginning to air. This includes editorial discussions, writing scripts, anchor research, selecting video and graphic elements, and coordinating with guests.
• Ability to create an in-depth, visually exciting newscast.
• Applicant must be editorially mature with solid knowledge of national, financial, health sports and pop culture headlines.
• Strong interest and awareness of newsgathering via social media.
• Excellent writing skills and an ability to produce quality work quickly.
• Must be a strong leader in the control room and be able to calmly handle breaking news situations.
• Flexibility to adapt during breaking news, ability to adapt to program or anchor style.
• Must be an effective team leader with strong people skills.
• Must be cooperative and work effectively with senior leaders to carry out HLN priorities.
• Must have the ability to enterprise ideas and work well independently and with a team.
• Requires a creative thinker with the ability to find new and compelling ways to present content, new angles to approach stories, and the organizational skills to bring it all together.
• Must have at least 5 years of experience producing live news shows.
• Four-year college degree or equivalent with proven industry experience.
• This position requires overnight hours and the individual chosen is required to be extremely flexible.
• Attitude- must be eager, cooperative, energetic, team-oriented.
• Knowledge of iNews and Mediasource is helpful.
• This position is required to work in person in Atlanta. WarnerMedia requires anyone working in our workplaces in the US to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions to this vaccine requirement are available to those entitled to reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons.
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj9kn2-18-232-177-219-42 in your application.