WarnerMedia showcases some of the most iconic and cherished entertainment, news and sports brands in the world, but we are much more than that. WarnerMedia is truly where art meets science. Our combination of cutting-edge technology and an unrivaled commitment to groundbreaking storytelling builds a sense of community and meaningful connection that is shaping the future of media. We create rewarding opportunities across our entire family of brands, while championing a spirit of inclusion, innovation, self-development and support. Join WarnerMedia as we think big, live true and make the stories that move the world.
CNN is looking for an experienced producer with strong news judgement, an established record of story production, and demonstrated field savvy to work alongside our top political correspondents and analysts.
• The job will demand a mix of producing long form stories, prepping for daily show work, assisting in reporting and writing for the world's leading news website.
• In addition, for long form work, the applicant must be able to prep for interviews, do research and produce in the field for formal interviews.
• The job demands a keen interest in politics and Washington news and will entail travel during the midterm and presidential elections.
• Previous experience with off-air reporting, especially sources in politics, is a significant benefit.
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism or related discipline or equivalent in experience
• At least 3+ years producing experience in cable, national or major media markets
• Strong interest in politics and Washington news is essential
• Outstanding news judgment, critical and strategic thinking, organization skills and an ability to be persistent yet diplomatic
• Strong skills multi-tasking and logistics
• Strong long form and segment producing
• Strong writing skills and a thorough understanding of the news business
• Strong skills in field producing, interviewing, as well as research and production
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced news environment that is 24 hours/ 365 days a year, including last minute travel.
''Current Warner Bros. Discovery employees will be given preferential consideration for this opportunity. This position will be posted for five business days.''
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r79pe8-44-201-96-43-42 in your application.