The Production Services Support Specialist is member of a technical & operational support team with competency in post-production technology and automating the movement and transformation of video.
The Production Services Support Specialist position will offer daily technical support to clients working on-prem at Hudson Yards as well as clients working from remote locations. The role requires close collaboration with client groups to offer support for a wide variety of post-production software, processes, and file-based workflows, along with the teaching of technical concepts to non-technical people. This role requires significant experience with file-based workflows, Avid and Adobe software, knowledge
of camera files and cards , and with the overall production/post-production process from pre-production through final delivery. The successful candidate will have a strong troubleshooting skillset as well as a customer service mindset.
Successful support of enterprise-wide post-production requires one to foster a collaborative working relationship with key stakeholders and in partnership with subject matter experts across cities to meet the needs of a large base of customers. A willingness to perform varied tasks, adapt to changing priorities and strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
Adherence to the ITSM Service Management process in planning and managing changes to minimize impact in a critical 24x7x365 environment is required.
Customer supported areas include post-production workflows for all WarnerMedia brands.
• Work with the Production Services and Support team to assist in various aspects of pre and post-production services for our clients. May include file movement, metadata organization, troubleshooting software and hardware issues, transcoding and encoding files.
• Provide technical direction, advice and assistance to creative staff consisting of writer/producers/editors and media asset specialists as they work with file-based media via a variety of production tools.
• Support of Avid non-linear edit systems: Media Composer, Media Central UX, and Avid Access within an Interplay environment, running on Mac and PC platforms.
• Support of other non-linear edit systems and applications: Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Adobe, Adobe Photoshop, Davinci Resolve, Final Cut Pro 7 and Final Cut Pro X.
• Troubleshooting and problem solving of issues involving hardware, software, and established workflows .
• Staying current with all file-based technology including camera codecs, wrappers, encoding software and workflows .
• Management and delivering of files to facilities, clients , various external locations and coordinating with venders.
• Update internal documentation and procedures accurately with attention to detail and with clear and concise communication.
• BS Degree in relevant or comparable field.
• Minimum 3 years' experience in post-production
• Keen and extensive knowledge of video post-production and the technical aspects of file-based workflows within a post-production environment
• Proficiency in the following
• Avid Media Composer using Interplay on ISIS/Nexis, Avid Media Central, and Avid Access
• Adobe Creative Cloud Products including Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, and Encoder
• Mac and PC operating systems including system directories, user accounts, permissions, and preferences
• Familiarity with file-based camera codecs and formats
• Understanding of video encoding and software
• Candidate must possess strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
• Must be able to collaborate with other members of the team and promote unity with all team efforts
• Be able to provide solutions and present workarounds under tight deadlines
• Willingness to partner with engineering teams and learn new technologies
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work late with short notice
The Nice to Haves
• Familiarity with ITSM Service Management processes (ServiceNow)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq5ymm-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.