Rocksteady is looking for an exceptionally skilled Principal Engine Programmer to join our dedicated and collaborative team to work on our upcoming title Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League.
The role primarily involves hands-on coding and giving technical direction. You'll be tackling our most difficult technical problems, making pragmatic decisions and developing effective solutions.
With a focus on technical details on the engine side, the scope of your work will extend across the entire project and you'll collaborate with code directors and leads to decide which areas need your attention.
As well as code implementation, you'll also guide content optimisation to match our target hardware, make the best trade-offs, and come up with creative solutions to produce the highest quality game experience.
• Developing engine features and game systems
• Optimisation of all aspects of the game, including runtime CPU and GPU performance, streaming, memory and build processes
• Providing technical guidance for code implementation and efficient asset construction and usage
• Improving debug tools and development workflows
• Leading by example in development best practices
• Discussing and creating plans with technical leads and producers
• A very high level of technical ability, including with C++
• Extensive professional game development experience on high quality projects
• A broad and comprehensive understanding of game engine functionality
• Deep knowledge of a wide variety of optimisation techniques
• Strongly self-directed, organised and able to prioritise effectively
• Experience with Unreal Engine 4
• Knowledge of rendering, animation and networking
• Familiarity with the latest generation of consoles
Our people make WM the inspiring organisation it is today.
At WarnerMedia, our commitment starts with you! As a company of storytellers and journalists we have a responsibility to make sure we have a collection of voices and people whose stories reflect and connect with the global audiences and communities we serve.
WarnerMedia, and its suite of brands like Warner Bros., CNN, HBO Max, HBO, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang and many more, have long been committed to equity and inclusion as moral and business imperatives. It is essential that our content and creative partners reflect the diversity of our society and the world around us. Together with other production companies, networks, guilds, unions, talent agencies and others in the industry, WarnerMedia is committed to greater inclusion of people of color, women, the LGBTQ community, those with disabilities and other underrepresented groups in greater numbers both in front of and behind the camera.
There really has never been a better and more exciting time to join WarnerMedia. For more information on how to join our company and our commitment to diversity and inclusion, please click here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz5277-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.