Responsible for legal functions of Corporate Legal Employment Law department. Assists Employment Law department in areas below.
• Assist in the organization and maintenance of employment litigation case files.
• Assist in the collection, review, and organization of documents and information for employment litigation discovery responses and/or subpoenas, including review of electronic evidence.
• Assist attorneys and other legal support staff in preparing discovery and/or subpoena responses.
• Assist in the preparation of document preservation correspondence and updates for attorney review, distribution. Follow up with recipients.
• Assist in the organization and maintenance of administrative agency discrimination charge files and prepare log of charges.
• Conduct factual and basic legal research using Westlaw, electronic libraries and other information sources.
• Assist in the analysis of requests for and approval of contingent labor, including independent contractor requests, communicate determination to appropriate departments, and maintain files.
• Assist in updating departmental matter management databases.
• Draft memos and correspondence.
• Assist in maintaining the employment law library, including drafting and circulating legal updates to employment attorneys.
• Assist attorneys and other legal support staff in preparing separation agreements and other documents related to reorganizations, layoffs, or employment terminations.
• Assist attorneys and other legal support staff in preparing and updating company training materials, including PowerPoint presentations, and coordinating company training initiatives.
• Respond to inquiries/requests from department attorneys and the company's outside counsel
• Perform special projects as requested by department attorneys and other legal support staff.
• Minimum 2-4 years paralegal experience
• Previous experience in litigation management required
• Paralegal certificate preferred
• Generalized knowledge of employment law from a global perspective and specific knowledge with respect to California
• Ability to analyze, draft, and review legal documents, with an emphasis on attention-to-detail, especially editing, formatting, and proofreading
• Strong computer skills, including the MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, and OneNote)
• Facility with the maintenance and use of electronic database and matter management applications
• Facility with internet-based legal research (e.g., Westlaw)
• Knowledge of basic math, spelling, grammar, punctuation, and English usage
• Must have the ability to perform well in an inherently complex, challenging, and uncertain environment
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with persons on all levels (including company personnel, outside counsel, and court and administrative agency staff, in person, on the telephone, and via videoconference
• Must demonstrate a high level of initiative and resourcefulness, as well as the ability to identify and anticipate issues and problems that may not necessarily have been part of the original assignment
• Must have good analytical skills and the ability to identify key issues in complex and factually intensive matters
• Must have the ability to pay close attention to detail and understand written and oral instructions
• Must have the ability to organize and schedule work effectively
• Must have the ability to work well under time constraints
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Must be able to work independently and meet deadlines
• Must be flexible, adaptable, and patient
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including possible overtime, when necessary
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqm6z1-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.