The position is based at Warner Bros. De Lane Lea, which provides sound and picture post production as well as Dailies services for feature films and television. WBDLL's comprehensive facilities include sound Re-Recording and ADR stages, Grading Theatres, Preview Theatres and a full complement of highly-equipped supporting departments in addition to cutting rooms and a bar/café based in the heart of Soho and at Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden.
The Online Editor is primarily responsible for ensuring that feature film and episodic television content created at WBDLL is finished to the highest quality, and complies to all relevant technical and creative specifications when it leaves the facility. This will encompass all aspects of the post process, from initial workflow creation to final client review. The candidate should be collaborative, detail orientated and passionate about creating technically and visually excellent content.
• Working with the picture team and external partners to develop and document post workflows that deliver the highest quality HDR, SDR and theatrical content, with reference to delivery specifications.
• Visually identify common production and post problems. Use in-depth knowledge of the whole post process to advise clients and team members on the best course of action.
• Quote and deliver high quality fixes and creative effects including: respeeds, stabilisation, paint outs, beauty work, keying and compositing.
• Supervise a small team to deliver shots on budget and to a high standard. Present to clients and accurately feedback any issues/fixes to the team.
• Create any text/credits/locators/titles as required.
• Work closely with colour, conform, qc and mastering teams to ensure seamless integration within the facility.
• Advise and collaborate with external partners including DITs, dailies, editorial, VFX and graphic designers. Ensure elements they supply are within spec and troubleshoot any issues.
• Run client review sessions and attend meetings as needed.
• Proven experience working at a similar level within a large post production company, delivering content of a comparable standard and profile for both film and television.
• Extensive list of post production credits as an Online/Finishing Editor.
• Expert working knowledge of Flame and cutting edge post workflows, including HDR and Dolby Vision. Good working knowledge of Baselight, Adobe Suite, Mocha, Sapphire and Nuke.
• Comfortable with creative titling briefs. Good working knowledge of typefaces.
• Confident working with external graphics vendors and incorporating their work into the show.
• Troubleshooting technical anomalies
• Detailed understanding of technical standards and specifications
• File based workflow experience and an excellent level of knowledge of digital capture cameras, files, codecs and workflows.
• Skilled in developing workflows to allow for multiple deliverable versions of a show to be created including, but not limited to, SDR, HDR, P3, HLG and other current industry standards.
• Proactively look to improve overall finishing processes and adept in problem solving.
Our people make WM the inspiring organisation it is today.
At WarnerMedia, our commitment starts with you! As a company of storytellers and journalists we have a responsibility to make sure we have a collection of voices and people whose stories reflect and connect with the global audiences and communities we serve.
WarnerMedia, and its suite of brands like Warner Bros., CNN, HBO Max, HBO, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang and many more, have long been committed to equity and inclusion as moral and business imperatives. It is essential that our content and creative partners reflect the diversity of our society and the world around us. Together with other production companies, networks, guilds, unions, talent agencies and others in the industry, WarnerMedia is committed to greater inclusion of people of color, women, the LGBTQ community, those with disabilities and other underrepresented groups in greater numbers both in front of and behind the camera.
There really has never been a better and more exciting time to join WarnerMedia. For more information on how to join our company and our commitment to diversity and inclusion, please click here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g33qqx-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.