- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
Job DescriptionEvery great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
The Newsdesk producer is responsible in coordinating daily news coverage across the world – but especially in Asia. This post will liaise with regional bureaus, the newsdesks in Atlanta, London and Abu Dhabi, CNN Digital, and senior management in the region.
What will you be doing?
• The Newsdesk Producer will support Newsgathering work on global stories
• Assign reporters to news and business stories across Asia and around the world, facilitating regional and global newsgathering demands, anticipating day-to-day deadlines in a timely and proactive manner.
• Respond to breaking news in conjunction with the International Desk, handling editorial requests and communicating across multiple CNN platforms
• Vet and produce the best content available for all CNN platforms on Asia and global stories
• Work closely with the Futures team and wider international desk to plan stories
• Anticipate and understand the varied program requirements and coordinating logistics for features and special events.
What do we need from you?
• At least 5+ years in journalism
• Excellent command of the English language; other Asian or foreign languages are very beneficial
• Deep understanding of political, social and economic impact of events and issues across the world but particularly in Asia.
• Experience working as an assignment editor or news producer
• Field experience is desirable
• Excellent news judgement, time management skills and attention to detail
• Good working knowledge of CNN newsgathering system, including satellites, package production, affiliate relationships and CNNI programming
• Proficient in using social media
• Good people skills, drive and determination
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2yb4m-3-236-225-157-42 in your application.