The Researcher is a tenacious researcher/data journalist who will work closely with senior editors and reporters to uncover fresh news stories, break news stories and track high-profile editorial threads on ongoing high-profile stories. S/he is constantly searching for new stories that could require extensive research and investigation. S/he has strong organizational skills and is meticulous in keeping track of several things at once with an eye for news, so managers can be quickly alerted. S/he works collaboratively with a team as s/he will be required to help support desk editors, show producers and field staff as required – from sourcing/logging/transcribing content.
May be assigned to News Desk Producer responsibilities where appropriate; may rotate on overnight shift and can be assigned to Live Desk produce.
• Proactively digs for leads that will keep out platforms competitive – both in terms of breaking new stories and breaking new lines during ongoing stories.
• Digs for fresh news stories and flags important stories/developments on high-profile stories.
• Organized, meticulous, tenacious and able to forensically dig through extensive documents to find investigative threads.
• Able to multi-task and work on both short-term and long-term projects with reporters and desk/digital editors.
• Extensively monitors Middle East news outlets for editorial leads
• Monitors developing news stories or topics, images, as directed by Seniors or to support reporters, desk/digital editors and field.
• Ingests, logs and transcribes images directed, responsible for metadata and liaises with library and picture sources to obtain, clear and enter video to enhance our storytelling across all platforms.
• Acts up to level of News Desk Producer when needed
• Proven research experience.
• Organized, pays attention to detail, able to multi-task on projects.
• Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and under pressure.
• Collaborative, with excellent communication skills
• Technically adept
• Experienced user of digital and social media platforms.
• Self-starter, innovative and creative
• Knowledge of international affairs (ideally with a Middle East focus)
• Language skills (Bi-lingual, preferably an excellent command of Arabic and English)
• Full-time role in a media environment
• International experience/travel
Our people make WM the inspiring organisation it is today.
At WarnerMedia, our commitment starts with you! As a company of storytellers and journalists we have a responsibility to make sure we have a collection of voices and people whose stories reflect and connect with the global audiences and communities we serve.
WarnerMedia, and its suite of brands like Warner Bros., CNN, HBO Max, HBO, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang and many more, have long been committed to equity and inclusion as moral and business imperatives. It is essential that our content and creative partners reflect the diversity of our society and the world around us. Together with other production companies, networks, guilds, unions, talent agencies and others in the industry, WarnerMedia is committed to greater inclusion of people of colour, women, the LGBTQ community, those with disabilities and other underrepresented groups in greater numbers both in front of and behind the camera.
There really has never been a better and more exciting time to join WarnerMedia. For more information on how to join our company and our commitment to diversity and inclusion, please click here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gke5p8-3-236-212-116-42 in your application.