Mobile Associate Animator (Temp)
Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
The creative team that brought Mortal Kombat and Injustice to life is now NetherRealm Studios, part of the Warner Bros. Games family. With over 20 years of creation under our belts, NetherRealm's mission remains the same: to create cutting edge entertainment and deliver industry leading tech, game art and overall gaming experiences. NetherRealm Studios is a collaborative and creative environment, constantly striving to up the ante on what is possible in interactive entertainment. Our team is comprised of dedicated professionals with years of experience who are at the forefront of the gaming industry. The passion and energy that made Mortal Kombat a reality is still on display every day in our offices, our hallways and most definitely the studio's arcade room.
NetherRealm Studios, a division of WB Games Inc., seeks an Artist/Animator to work closely with Mobile Animators, Mobile Art Lead and additional development partners to maintain and create high quality animations for real time in-game character movement. The person assists the Art Lead in helping define process and pipelines, along with aesthetic goals.
• Responsible for animating 3D character models and cameras in a realistic game. This includes repurposing the studio's vast existing animation library, capturing and processing new Motion Capture data, manual key framing, and facial/lip synch animations.
• Bug fixing
• Participates in departmental meetings, shares personal ideas, and defines the look and feel of characters.
• Assists in R+D efforts for tools, enhancements, and integration of new technology.
• Works with Designers and Engineers to prototype new game features.
• 2 years of Game Industry Animation experience
• Fluent in Motion Builder
The Nice to Haves
• Experience with Unreal 4 (or 5), Motion capture systems, Perforce, JIRA.
• Brings high level of artistic accomplishment to each solution
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2q69y-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.