London, United Kingdom
The WBUK Marketing department constantly strives to create and maintain a best-in-class marketing function with an emphasis on lifetime value of WB content across release windows. All roles within the team are tasked with driving improved cross-divisional understanding, collaboration, and expertise and in delivering an integrated approach to marketing content.
The Warner Bros. Film Marketing team is unique in the industry as it manages the development, implementation, and evaluation of lifecycle marketing campaigns on film titles across their theatrical, premium video-on-demand and home entertainment (physical and digital release) new release windows.
As a team, we bring to life some of the most prolific films in the market with recent tentpoles including Christopher Nolan's TENET, the ground-breaking Joker and A Star Is Born. Alongside original IP, we are responsible for marketing and growing theatrical releases from key franchises across DC Comics and Wizarding World. Current projects include DC's The Suicide Squad & Denis Villeneuve's Dune.
Responsible for supporting and assisting the Senior Marketing Manager in the implementation and evaluation of lifecycle marketing campaigns, and line management of a Marketing Assistant. You will also have sole accountability for the product management of a selection of releases across the lifecycle, and various strategic projects depending on your areas of interest.
• Work alongside the Senior Marketing Manager collaboratively with all marketing divisions and external agencies to develop and deliver against a holistic communications strategy.
• Assist in the creation & review of all marketing creative (advertising materials, digital creative and retailer POS) and product artwork across assigned titles, managing digital localisations and securing approval on materials from legal, clearances, creative and regional supervisors.
• Manage the Marketing Assistant, inspiring their development and growth.
• Input into the development of offline and digital title media plans.
• Act as a liaison with internal departments (Partnerships, Publicity, Creative Services, Trade Marketing, Digital, Catalogue, Legal, Insight, Games (when applicable) and the core Marketing team) to ensure that all activity is executed in line with title specific strategy and maximises cross-divisional touchpoints.
• Review and co-ordinate the supply of assets (including written materials, stills, social graphics, trailers, artwork, and legal collateral) to external agencies and internal colleagues.
• Manage assigned marketing projects on a title-by-title basis for example: media promotions, screening programmes, sales presentations, social media management.
• Review, and raise awareness of all relevant digital asset updates throughout a campaign lifecycle.
• Previous marketing experience at an entertainment company or advertising/promotion agency.
• The ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and perform under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent attention to detail, and previous proof reading & creative approval experience essential.
• A passion for film and good judgement of what captures people's attention and how to tell a story.
• Excellent communication & presentation skills and the ability to influence people at various levels of the business.
• Curiosity and an interest in what is new and innovative.
• General understanding of the different areas of the marketing mix (a particular focus on Media, Retail, PR, Promotions, Social and Community Marketing).
The Nice to Haves
• Prior film industry experience.
• Knowledge of digital file formats.
Our people make WM the inspiring organisation it is today.
At WarnerMedia, our commitment starts with you! As a company of storytellers and journalists we have a responsibility to make sure we have a collection of voices and people whose stories reflect and connect with the global audiences and communities we serve.
WarnerMedia, and its suite of brands, have long been committed to equity and inclusion as moral and business imperatives. It is essential that our content and creative partners reflect the diversity of our society and the world around us. Together with other production companies, networks, guilds, unions, talent agencies and others in the industry, WarnerMedia is committed to greater inclusion of people of colour, women, the LGBTQ community, those with disabilities and other underrepresented groups in greater numbers both in front of and behind the camera.
There really has never been a better and more exciting time to join WarnerMedia. For more information on how to join our company and our commitment to diversity and inclusion, please click here.