Audience Acquisition Manager
Warner Bros. Consumer Products (WBCP), a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, extends the Studio's powerful portfolio of entertainment brands and franchises into the lives of fans around the world. WBCP partners with best-in-class licensees globally on an award-winning range of toys, fashion, home décor, and publishing inspired by franchises and properties such as DC, Looney Tunes and Hanna-Barbera.
The division's successful global themed entertainment business includes groundbreaking experiences such as The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi. With innovative global licensing and merchandising programs, retail initiatives, promotional partnerships, and themed experiences, WBCP is one of the leading licensing and retail merchandising organizations in the world.
To be successful at WBCP, you must have a willingness to model our values and behaviors, champion diversity and inclusion, leverage data and insights to maximize the legacy of our deep brands and franchises while maintaining a commitment to fostering best-in-class talent.
The Manager of Sales & Retail Business Development is in charge of driving sustainable consumer products revenue growth overseeing Specialty & Value Accounts in the US.
The Manager will work with the Senior Managers of Specialty & Value to assist, develop and execute Warner Bros. Consumer Products retail sales growth initiatives, develops, sells in, executes and activates key domestic retail strategies that align with Warner Bros. Studio's strategic marketing, sales, brands and franchise portfolio initiatives. The Manager will act as a Sales & Retail Business Development Account Executive, Brand Ambassador, Change Agent, and Influencer leveraging Specialty & Value licensees and Warner Bros.'s organizations. The Manager will directly manage Specialty & Value retail programs as the retail expert to key US national accounts with focus on collaboration across the WBCP enterprise, responsible for annual sales and growth targets across key lines of business – Toys, Collectibles, Fashion, Home, Hardlines, Publishing, Food, Health & Beauty. The Manager will report to the Senior Manager, Specialty & Value.
• Works with the Sales RBD Senior Managers of Specialty & Value on developing business plans, strategies and revenue goals for the Specialty & Value retail accounts
• Develops opportunistic sales strategies in collaboration with licensees and retailers
• Identifies white space opportunities to drive incremental revenue
• Partners with Sales RBD Senior Managers/Licensees/Category/Franchise/Retail Marketing/Product Development to develop & execute retail strategies & initiatives
• Communicates WBCP licensing and marketing strategies to retail accounts
• Aids in negotiating and supporting the implementation of retail programs
• Analyzes retail pos data, identifies gaps & opportunities to drive to retail
• Works directly and in conjunction with the Senior Managers with appropriate retail personnel (e.g. buyers, marketing, planning)
• Directly manages retail programs focused on specific lines of business & revenue goals
• Manages and maintains weekly team reports, recaps & sales team documents
• Provides internal & external business retail updates
• Manages and executes key account planning, budget & quarterly forecasting in partnership with Senior Managers/Category/Licensees/Retailers
• Assists in Joint Business Plans: Retailers & key licensing partners
• Collaborates and partners with Retail Marketing/Franchise teams driving retail initiatives & activations
• Manages T&E budget
• Applies competitive and industry knowledge, trends & data to everyday decision-making
• Acts as decision maker with guidance from Senior Manager
• Assists with development and execution of studio swing presentations
• Presents & develops high quality retail presentations leveraging franchise strategies, consumer insights and market trends that support the Warner Bros. brand and franchises
• Minimum 5 years' experience in retail-related buying, product development and/or sales at a manufacturer, retailer or licensor. Entertainment industry experience recommended.
• BA/BS degree
• Strong knowledge of US based retail industry, retail landscape, licensed merchandise, solution selling and marketing principals
• Strong strategic, digital and analytical skills
• Strong understanding of digital, social media, marketing and eCommerce trends
• Strong sales & solution selling skills: relationship building, presentations, influencing skills
• Proven financial acumen
• Proven and effective interpersonal skills and ability to develop relationships with personnel at all levels of retail organization
• Team collaborator and working with cross functional teams
• Ability to navigate and work through a matrix structure to deliver the end solution
• Respectful role model, leader, resilient, tenacious, diplomatic and problem solver
• Proven and effective written and oral communication skills
• Strong developing & delivering retail pitches & presentations
• Strong organizational/leadership & planning skills
• Working knowledge of creative and product development
• Proven ability to drive business independently, demonstrates leadership and management skills
• Computer Skills: MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel
• Must have the ability to pay close attention to detail
• Must have the ability to organize and schedule work effectively
• Must have the ability to work well under time constraints
• Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks
• Must be able to work independently and meet deadlines
• Must demonstrate flexibility and effectiveness when faced with changing schedules or priorities
• Some travel required
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rje6m1-54-80-249-22-42 in your application.