E.C. Publications, Inc. seeks a Manager, Sales for the Revenue department.
This position is responsible for managing book channel sales and promotions and implementing sales plans in the US, including library and mass market accounts . The Manager of Sales plays a key role in growing DC's presence with booksellers and with mass market retailers domestically.
• Account Management. Lead day-to-day communication with Penguin Random House Publishing Services for book channel accounts and oversee account-specific sales plan executions, including premium placement of priority titles and sell-in of new publishing initiatives, selling of exclusive skus or editions, establishing sales promotions, and in-store activities. Ensure the execution of trade marketing-related events for book and library accounts that help promote the sell-thru of priority titles, such as book signings and promotional GWPs.
• Cross-Functional Communication. Lead communication with internal DC departments and external WB and distribution partners to maximize revenue with sales promotions, coop spend, and other trade support for book channel and related initiatives. Liaise with Editorial teams to understand publishing events and communicate key selling points. Ensure key timelines for distributing titles through PRHPS are communicated to key internal stakeholders and lead the process for ensuring Title Information sheets and other key metadata is updated into their systems.
• Sales Meetings and Presentations. Attend account sales meetings and trade shows/conventions as necessary to communicate priority titles and new publishing initiatives. Create presentations for each and present account-specific sales plans, priority titles and placement analysis for sales conferences and individual account meetings. Identify new opportunities internationally and create sales programs meant to generate new readers and get placement on shelves at retail.
• Sales Reporting. Update and present weekly sales tracking for results in key accounts worldwide, including key title performance and post-mortem analyses on key sales promotions and initiatives.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum 4 years' experience in sales or brand marketing.
• Minimum 2 years' experience in publishing or retail.
• Comics familiarity required.
• Mass market retail and/or Book market retail familiarity required.
• Experience at a publishing company preferred.
• Experience working in data analysis and/or market research a plus.
• BA/BS degree or equivalent education required.
• MBA or MFA a plus.
• Intermediate to Advanced knowledge in MS Office Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) required
• Collaborative/relationship builder (works well with staff, peers, partners)
• Must have the ability to influence others, and drive for results in prioritized manner
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced, highly dynamic work environment
• Ability to travel as needed (up to 15% of the time).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7nw8p-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.