Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
Partner Operations Manager
This position is responsible for the tactical execution of the linear, on demand and TV Everywhere operational strategy as well as implementation tracking across Warner Bros. Discovery direct to consumer products (HBO Max, discovery+), Premium Networks (e.g. HBO, Cinemax) and Basic Networks (CNN, TNT, Cartoon Network, Discovery, Food Network and more) in support of Distribution and Sales goals across traditional and digital partners. This role plays a meaningful part in understanding all operational aspects of content distribution, partnering with internal teams such as Content Operations, Distribution Technology, Programing and Ads Sales as well as external groups to ensure operational readiness, execution, and monetization based on agreements. General responsibilities include ensuring that operational components such as schedules, content, folder changes and marketing materials are appropriately communicated and delivered to operators in a timely manner.
• Understand all aspects of VOD process and serve as the operational subject matter expert throughout Distribution to ensure that the entire process working efficiently, identify areas to increase efficiencies, snags, implement changes and make recommendations when needed.
• Work with Director to devise plan, orchestrate timelines, maintain and track all details for the logistical launch of new services.
• Compile and maintain content distribution center of knowledge on partner launch capabilities.
• Support other Partner Operations and Business Development initiatives as needed.
Partner Management/Partner Marketing/Programming
• Liaise closely with Partner Marketing in support of ongoing marketing initiatives with partners, such as Comcast, DirecTV, Verizon, Hulu and Charter, ensuring flawless tactical execution of on demand promotional operations.
• In lock-step with Partner Management leads, providing launch/project updates and attending key affiliate meetings that focus on operational items and assist in technical and marketing conversations.
• Act as the checkpoint that brands are meeting contractual obligations by transporting the correct amount of material and weekly refresh.
• Create & manage monthly folder requests and VOD programming calendars to external partners.
• Main point of contact with internal and external partners to coordinate authorization to ensure that only systems meeting appropriate carriage requirements receive the appropriate VOD package and to authorize new systems signing on that they are authorized to receive packages.
• Act as primary information contact and resource as network seeks advice and answers to operational questions.
• Engage with technical teams on various projects and act as liaison between those teams and Distribution to communicate overarching initiatives & updates.
• Work with tech teams, Ad Sales and third parties on ensuring dynamic ad insertion operations are functioning properly and address issues affecting DAI monetization
• Preferred 3-5 years of industry knowledge
• Ability to understand and translate language from partner agreements into concise product/delivery requirements and provide to internal stakeholders. Conversely, translate technical jargon to common language to enhance communication across Distribution.
• Strong project management capabilities to track several concurrent activities across a wide variety of initiatives.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, particularly in a partner-facing role.
• Use superior judgment and influence in pulling together appropriate work teams to tackle issues in a timely manner.
• Critical and analytical thinking, problem solving, and presentation skills.
• Ability to develop and manage tracking tools, databases, Confluence, JIRA and reporting methods for internal and external business management.
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d20q07-44-192-38-248-42 in your application.