This position is part of a high functioning global team responsible for localizing Warner Bros. content including some of the biggest franchises in the world; Wizarding World, DC Universe, Looney Tunes. The group covers film, television, games, and short form content as well as a variety of marketing materials.
Manager Localization is responsible for Dubbing and Subtitling Features, Episodic and Catalogue content for clients and audiences globally.This role has a deep understanding of localization and will work closely with internal and external stakeholders to develop and execute strategy to ensure all projects are completed to the high expectations of Warner Bros, our clients and audiences. This role is also responsible for identifying opportunities for innovation, process improvement, new technologies, implementing change and adapting to a fast-changing industry.
• Maintains relationships with key stakeholders across the studio, teams at the regional and territory level and key vendors. This includes, but is not limited to:
• Coordinate activities across WB , Post Production, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Legal and Anti-Piracy, Vendors and 3rd party clients to ensure a high level of client satisfaction is achieved and maintained.
• Communication relating to all day to day operational activities, providing regular status updates and insights.
• Supports localization efforts across a portfolio of shows. Includes, but not limited to:
• Dubbing, Subtitling & Title Work, balancing content maker's original creative intent with local cultural sensitivities.
• WB Franchise management (DC, Wizarding World, Looney Tunes etc.)
• Review materials and document creative characteristics of the content, providing, in the form of:
• Creative briefs to Localization teams, balancing original creative intent with local cultural sensitivities.
• Glossary Management
• IP rights management, i.e. music clearance, dubbing rights. Credits etc.
• Project management, including creation of vendor/partner POs and budget reporting.
• This position demonstrates initiative in risk management and problem solving.
• Quality Assurance activities.
• Execute vendor assignments, monitor capacity, track deliveries as well as rejections / issues in accordance with SLA documents for each vendor.
• Improve workflows / Continuous improvement.
• Develop new initiatives / workflows that support new business models and repurposing of materials for downstream use.
• Engage with and implement New Technologies to further improve localization efforts
• Perform special projects as necessary.
• Personal training and development to improve localization skills and technical ability.
• Minimum of 5 years experience in related field.
• Exhibits basic knowledge or a strong desire to learn the operations in their functional area.
• Extensive Experience with localization production.
• Experience with digital audio visual workflows
• Knowledge of business practices and basic Finance
• Proficiency in Project Management Tools, Word, Excel
• College preferred, with emphasis on language translation, film or related area, or equivalent work experience.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvo7qn-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.