The position administers leave of absence programs and activities. Monitors and tracks leave of absence and workplace accommodations. Communicate related policies and procedures to employees to obtain and track necessary documentation. Researches and resolves issues, maintains relationships with internal and external partners and acts as an employee advocate throughout the leave process.
• Processes leaves of absence and engages in the interactive process for workplace accommodations. Track utilization of paid and unpaid leaves for all eligible employees including those with personal service contracts.
• Coordinates with Payroll, Workers Compensation, Benefits departments, and Company's third party leave vendors for all related leave of absences. Responds to inquiries from Human Resources, Labor Relations, Leave Vendor and Employment Lawyers.
• Interprets company policy and collective bargaining agreements and counsel supervisors and employees regarding federal and multi state laws and other statutory requirements related to employee rights.
• Under legal requirements, prepares and distributes appropriate correspondence to employees on leaves of absences advising of policy and procedure and requesting any necessary documentation. Communicates (verbally and/or in writing), updates leave of absence files, and monitors status. Interprets medical forms and data as necessary.
• Completes verification of state forms for disability and family care leave (SDI, PFL, NY DBL, NY PFL & Workers Compensation) and responds to Employment Development Department inquiries related to disability claims or issues.
• Processes payroll status changes, including data updates and assists with the processing of the weekly and biweekly leave payrolls.
• Updates vacation and sick leave accrual records as necessary.
• Conducts research, prepares reports and performs other special projects as required.
• Minimum 2–5-year experience in Human Resources preferred
• Previous leave of absence administration and policy development experience preferred
• Knowledge of State Disability and Workers Compensation laws and guidelines required
• Experience handling confidential, sensitive, and proprietary information
• Experience that demonstrates team player with flexibility and follow through
• Able to grasp information quickly and probe effectively where additional information is required
• Confident phone presence with exceptional customer service skills
• Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Workday and Outlook (E-mail)
• High School diploma or equivalent required
• B.A. degree or equivalent preferred
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5516z-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.