Retail Sales Associate - Warner Bros. Studio London
Leavesden, United Kingdom
Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden (WBSL) is a purpose built, state-of-the-art film and television studio offering one of the largest facilities in the UK. This 200-acre secure site has a half a million square feet of stage space, a back-lot tank, one of the largest heated underwater filming tanks in Europe and a 100 acre back-lot. It also owns Set-Lighting and Rigging - a rentals division, WB De Lane Lea - a post-production facility and Leavesden Park - a contemporary office complex. It is the only Hollywood owned studio of its calibre to be operated in the UK.
Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter is the only place in the world to showcase the authentic sets, props and behind-the-scenes secrets of the Harry Potter films at the location where they were made. It has attracted over 14 million visitors since opening in 2012 and has received over 40,000 reviews on TripAdvisor with 96% rating the experience as 'excellent' or 'very good'. Since launching, additions to the Tour include Platform 9 ¾ featuring the original Hogwarts Express, the Forbidden Forest and Gringotts Wizarding Bank. The Tour group plans future expansion with a walking and photographic Tour in London, and a replication of our world-famous Tour in Japan in 2023.
In December 2018 WBSL acquired the Platform 9 ¾ group which sells Wizarding World merchandise, souvenirs, and collectibles. It includes shops at Kings Cross Station, Heathrow, and Gatwick, as well as stores at The Cursed Child theatre productions in London, New York and other international locations.
Opening Summer 2021, we continue to grow, launching our first flagship store in New York alongside expanding our ecommerce operations in the UK and US, and exploiting new areas of commercial development.
As a Junior Merchandiser your role is to maximize sales and margin through effective management of stock.
• Help plan and develop merchandising strategies that balance customers' expectations and our business objectives through keeping aware of market trends.
• Input and maintain information on sales. Analyse sales figures, customers reactions and market trends to anticipate product needs and plan product ranges/stock.
• Accurately set up products in merchandise systems.
• Supply weekly trade and sales figures and review each product line with head of department and action findings. Update the department
on true uplifts per product type, tracking goods into the business to ensure they are delivered on time and sharing this information with the broader business.
• Weekly meetings with the product development and product management team to update on critical path and deliveries.
• Forecast and plan intake across all stores and businesses in the Tours & Retail group. Manage weekly intake plans and open to buy for all products, maintaining accurate purchase orders.
• Analyse lead time and shipping routes on all stock planning from international and domestic suppliers.
• Responsible for setting, inputting and monitoring stock levels on systems for all store locations, as well as Monitor stock movement and propose markdowns, promotions, price changes, clearance pricing and make suggestions for discontinuing lines, to return the highest margin to the Tours & Retail business.
• Ensure availability targets are met and exceeded.
• Communicate with our warehouse and ecommerce teams, to discuss issues with purchase orders, out-of-stocks, delivery issues, supplier performance and ways to improve merchandising actions to support warehouse operations.
• Collaborate with Warner Bros.' Product Development, Buying & Sourcing teams.
• Work with suppliers and distributors to negotiate quantities and time-scales.
• Support the wider team with sales information as required and help provide plans and for range meetings when requested.
• Work with head of department and WB logistics to maintain our freight forwarder relationships, ensuring we are bringing goods into the businesses in the most cost-effective way.
• Help to record and monitor duty codes.
• Good communication skills
• Able to maintain excellent working relationships.
• High level of analytic ability
• Highly computer literate, Microsoft Office skills at advanced level is a must-have, particularly with Excel
• Experience in using Merchandising database systems
The Nice To Haves
• SAP experience
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d97yek-3-229-142-91-42 in your application.