Senior Software Engineer
Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
NetherRealm Studios, a division of WB Games Inc., seeks a Jr. Associate Software Engineer to join the engineering team behind the Mortal Kombat and Injustice Franchises.
As a Jr. Associate Software Engineer for our game team you'll be given an opportunity to explore a wide range of real-world programming tasks while contributing to the development of a AAA-quality Console game. You'll work with a team of talented industry veterans on tasks ranging from creating tools to improve productivity, to helping with implementation of gameplay features.
Our program is designed to expose you to some of the challenges we encounter, and allow you to take part in implementing solutions to those challenges, while working in a collaborative team environment.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Excellent C/C++ programming skills. We are looking for people with a good understanding of the language, and an appreciation for object-oriented architecture.
• Familiarity with the Unreal Engine 4 is a plus (Not Required).
• A passion for video game technology and gameplay mechanics.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
• B.S. degree in Computer Science, Game Development or equivalent programming experience.
• Ability to collaborate with engineers and content creators to develop robust and fun game-play
• Microsoft Visual C++ development environment
• Creative, results-oriented, self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver.
• Ability to work well in a team development environment with strong communication skills
• Strong desire to build industry-leading game systems
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r72ybp-44-210-237-158-42 in your application.