Full Time Job
Head Of Content Legal & Regional Counsel
- Full Time
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
The WarnerMedia Legal Department seeks an exceptional attorney to take a leadership role on its Latin America team, supporting WarnerMedia's content acquisition and local production efforts in Latin America, as well as handling corporate matters in the region, and providing general legal support to the company's in-country operations in several countries.
The successful candidate will lead a team that provides legal support to Warner Media's Latin America GE Content Team, which is responsible for programming for all of WarnerMedia's basic, premium, and D2C brands in the region (including Turner, HBO, Warner Bros., and HBO Max); all linear and digital original production, including scripted, unscripted, live events, and films; creative services; content acquisition; and marketing and public relations. Additionally, the successful candidate will oversee certain local legal teams that support the company's in-country operations (may include Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, Panama, and Venezuela) , which includes handling a broad range of commercial matters in each country, as well as manage all of WarnerMedia's corporate entities in Latin America.
The ideal candidate must be very comfortable counseling and collaborating with internal executives and external business partners.
• Lead and manage a team of experienced attorneys and legal professionals
• Work cross-functionally with WarnerMedia's legal and business teams
• Oversee outside counsel relationships
• Structure, negotiate and draft content acquisition agreements for SVOD and/or linear television with a wide range of licensors, including major studios as well as independent distributors
• Provide legal support for all aspects of the original production process, including drafting and negotiating development and production agreements; overseeing content clearance, and advising the production team in ''real-time'' during the production process
• Provide legal support to the marketing, public relations, and research teams, including drafting and negotiating agreements, reviewing press releases, and clearing the use of local content in marketing materials
• Supervise the local legal teams providing support for commercial matters in Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, Panama, and Venezuela, and collaborate with WarnerMedia's regulatory and compliance teams for all matters arising in those territories
• Supervise entity management for all WarnerMedia corporate entities in LatAm
• J.D. degree (or foreign equivalent) and membership in at least one US state bar
• 15+ years of legal experience
• Fluent in Spanish; knowledge of Portuguese a plus
• Strong leadership and management skills
• Excellent, versatile negotiation skills
• Clear, concise communication skills
• Strong analytical capabilities and superior judgment
• Excellent drafting skills with respect to a wide variety of legal documents
• Ability to work proactively, independently, and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally, think practically, and be solution-oriented
• Curiosity and willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5ke13-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.