WB Technology combines Warner Bros.' industry-leading technologists and disciplines to ensure global alignment with business strategy and accelerated delivery of innovative technology solutions studio- and industry-wide. From pre-production through archiving, the WBT organization will provide critical business and technology intelligence and services to all Studio business units. WBT manages the Studio's enterprise systems and solutions, emerging platforms, information security, consumer intelligence, content mastering and delivery, and more.
WB Games San Diego is seeking a Server Software Engineer to join our growing team of talented industry veterans.
The ideal candidate is hard-working, hands-on, self-motivated, process-driven, and customer-oriented. This individual has a passion for developing software applications using a variety of technologies.
What part will you play?
• Integrate backend Systems to our games (e.g. Auth, User Profiles, Guilds, Leaderboards, Store, Analytics, etc.)
• Work closely with the Feature Owners, Game Client Engineers, Game Designers, and LiveOps developers on features, integration with the backend, and tools
• Develop tools that empower our LiveOps and Game Design teams to deliver frequent live game events and store offers
• Improve configuration management, game build, and deployment processes
What do we require from you?
• 3+ years of professional software engineering experience, working on cross-functional teams
• Experience on one or more successfully-published game titles
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or a related field) or equivalent work experience
• Proficiency in C++ / Java / Python (Templates, Exception Handling, Multi-Threading, etc.)
• Experience in deploying, operating, and scaling dedicated game servers for session-based, multiplayer games
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithms, and data structures
• Experience with the Unreal Engine 4 (Core systems, player input, game modes, user interfaces, etc.)
• Understanding of Unreal Engine 4 Multiplayer and Network Protocols
• Strong Problem Solving, Debugging, and Troubleshooting Skills
• Clear, concise, and transparent communicator - both written and verbal
• Be a self-motivated team player with a positive attitude and strong work ethic
• Ability to self-manage when given prioritized goals and objectives
• Seek out opportunities to improve technically and professionally
• A passion for video games
Good to have
• Cloud Platform Knowledge (Amazon Web Services and Terraform preferred)
• Experience working with Amazon GameLift a bonus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4jw1z-3-238-95-208-42 in your application.