TT Games was acquired by Warner Bros. in 2007 and went on to develop the hit LEGO games franchise. The company is proud to continue its mission to be the leading publisher of interactive entertainment for young gamers and their families.
The Game Programming Team work alongside designers, gameplay artists, final artists, animators, VFX artists, and SFX artists to create the gameplay code required to construct the game.
On a daily basis, you may be expected to:
• Work with animators, artists, and designers to engineer reusable modular game systems that they can use to create fun networked content for the game.
• Work on the AI systems required to create fun networked enemy AI, Party AI, and Boss AI.
• Write fun, networked player mechanics.
• Write reusable gameplay systems that will allow designer to populate the hubs with fun networked game play.
• Write GUI systems.
• Implement achievements, trophies, and rich presence.
• Use C++ and the editor to achieve the above.
• Make the game FUN!
The ideal candidates will have:
• Demonstrably strong talent for programming game-play and mechanics, with a clear understanding of what makes games 'feel' good.
• Passion for working closely with world-class artists, animators and designers; supporting their developing day-to-day needs for game-play technology and associated tools.
• A highly self-motivated team player with the ability to dive in, understand code, and learn quickly.
• Fluent in object-oriented C++ with strong debugging and documentation skills.
• Strong 3D maths and physics skills.
• Unreal experience on at least one released game.
• A good degree or post-graduate qualification, or relevant experience, in Computer Science or a related subject.
• Provide time estimates for complex programming tasks.
• Ability to work on assigned tasks generally without direct supervision.
• Mentor Junior Programmers.
• Analyse the design documents for risk and provide creative solutions.
• Demonstrable experience in the games industry.
Please include a link to your portfolio with your application, ideally a short 5 minute video showcasing your work.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjvqy0-34-231-243-21-42 in your application.