The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing specialized support to the SVP of Finance and general support to the department. S/he is responsible for being generally informed of the day-to-day activities and conducts continuous analysis of administrative systems, recommending and implementing workflow processes to create efficiencies throughout the department. S/he interacts with personnel at all levels to gather information needed to create efficiencies, coordinate activities and execute work processes. S/he exercises independent thinking and decision making to support department and executive level work, handles confidential information and maintains tact and diplomacy in all situations. This person represents the SVP and is often the first contact people have - they are the ''face'' of the SVP and the group.
Support of the Senior Vice President:
• Acquire an understanding of the SVP's priorities and provide specialized one on one support to the SVP.
• Act on behalf of the SVP in her absence by using critical thinking and strategic judgment.
• Oversee and anticipate workflow associated with SVP's schedule by creating and maintaining a structure for managing the SVP's workload.
• Analyze and make independent judgment of confidential and critical information and materials related to all activities.
• Manage logistics, set priorities and determine schedule for the VP on a daily basis that aligns with SVP's priorities.
• Interface with all levels of personnel and handle details of a confidential and critical nature at the executive level.
• Schedule and assign priority for decisions needed by the SVP. Serve as liaison for those requesting information from or having information for the SVP.
• Acquire comprehensive knowledge and remain current on company policies, practices and procedures and basic operational activities.
• Keep SVP informed of the overall pulse of the office activities.
Work Related to the Administration of the SVP's Office:
• Prepare and manage all files and resources related to SVP's business activities including electronic and hard copy information, materials, agendas and presentations to use in discussions and meetings or needed for distribution.
• Proactively organize meeting material prior to SVP's meetings.
• Prepare correspondence, reports, presentations and documents at the direction of the SVP.
• Manage, and independently handle when possible, SVP's phone calls, emails, and mail. Represent the SVP's office - be the face of / voice of the SVP and the Financial Services Group.
• Coordinate travel arrangements for the SVP.
• Prepare expense reports for the SVP.
• Perform all other administrative duties necessary to the success of the SVP's office.
Support of the Financial Services Group:
• Review internal administrative work processing and resource management, identifying areas of improvement. Design systems to increase the quality and efficiency of the department.
• Manage and supervise the day-to-day activities of the Department Administrative Assistant in support of the department which includes special projects, all clerical duties (including copying, filing, making binders, packing information to be sent to storage, etc.), coordination of meetings and functions (including all AV needs, room setup, refreshments, etc) , and office supply inventory control.
• Work as a team with the Department Administrative Assistant to ensure environment in department is one that enhances the group's ability to be efficient and effective. Ensure that all administrative needs for the department are being met.
• Plan and facilitate department bonding activities, including group lunches, outings, volunteer activities and targeted teambuilding exercises
Support to Business Units:
• Actively promote the Financial Services Group vision of providing excellent customer service, and providing the right information to the right people at the right time.
• Foster good working relationships with other administrative professionals to ensure a well organized support team. Share Best Practices with the administrative team.
• Actively participate in department-wide initiatives and committees.
• At least 4 years directly related experience supporting high level executives
• Solid computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and the ability to navigate through the internet
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• College Degree or equivalent work experience.
• Ability to synthesize information and arrive at an accurate judgment.
• Must have critical and strategic thinking skills, and strong problem solving skills.
• Strong organizational and time management skills, and attention to detail.
• Flexible, positive attitude and high value of teamwork.
• Ability to interact effectively at all levels. Excellent people skills.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Demonstrates a comprehensive awareness of job requirements and professional knowledge.
• Must be proactive, have initiative, be self motivated, take an interest in the business and take pride in the administrative role.
• Must have ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with persons at all levels, both in person and on the telephone.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d979v7-3-230-144-31-42 in your application.