Job Posting Title: Temporary Editor, Digital Productions
CNN is the world's most essential and engaging source of video and digital news. The Internet is changing the news and information landscape, and we have an ambitious product roadmap grounded in journalism and facts. We're embarking on a crucial mission to invent the next generation of news and information experiences to inform, engage, and empower the world. We are taking an agile, data-informed approach to build products and develop content that sparks connections, fulfills utility, and builds community. This team is building the tools, technology and content to enable CNN to expand our direct relationship with our users through expanding our existing offerings. You'll be joining an empowered cross-functional team building trusted new digital products, platforms, and content that will continue to put CNN directly in the hands of consumers.
We seek individuals who have a combination of online consumer product expertise, data literacy, content development and a growth mindset. We also seek individuals who value collaboration and can align team members to increase our speed and scale. Finally, we seek individuals who share our passion for building trusted new digital products, platforms, and content that put CNN's talent and expertise directly in the hands of consumers.
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Temporary Video Editor for Digital Productions team. We create award-winning on and off-platform shows like Go There, Anderson Cooper Full Circle, The Point with Chris Cillizza and Original Series covering breaking news, politics, race and inequality, the environment, and news analysis.
• Editor will work on supporting Post needs for CNN+ live shows as assigned
• Editor will collaborate with CNN+ Show Teams to create compelling, immersive visuals including packages, SOTs, b-roll, sizzles and show opens
• Editor will work with Graphic templates within Premiere
• Editor will deliver all necessary assets after show completion
• Editor should be open to feedback, and be able to address notes from several members of the team
• Editor should be flexible and able to pivot to other projects where needed
• Editor must have the ability to work remotely on a virtual Cloud-based Post-production platform
• 6+ years Editing experience
• 6+ years Editing news packages or similar content
• Adobe Premiere Pro proficiency a must
• Editing in a fast-paced/breaking news environment essential
• Outstanding news judgement
• Natural storyteller, with a strong regard to pacing and music
• Adobe Photoshop, After Effects knowledge a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d298n6-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.