Senior / Recruiter, Talent Acquisition
Director, Human Resources, Warner Bros. Studio Tour Tokyo (WBSTT)
We are looking for a Human Resources Lead for the new Warner Bros. Studio Tour in Tokyo. This is an exciting opportunity for a talented Human Resources professional to implement HR programs and policies, and to manage every aspect of employee development and relations for a highly anticipated part of our business.
In this role you will manage a team providing generalist HR support and expertise for the full range of Human Resources services and programs, including Recruitment, Employee Relations, Training and Development, management and employee guidance and counselling, interpretation and application of Company policies and procedures; to ensure Company compliance with employment legislation; and best practice in all areas of Human Resources.
As Human Resources Director, you will work closely with the senior WBSTT team to provide a full business partnership enabling organisational development and maximum productivity.
A collaborative partner, you will leverage the resources available within the Warner Human Resources Team to support the delivery of the key job responsibilities. You will also build and maintain a strong communicative relationship with the UK-based Human Resources team and WBSTT.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop People plan for the ''start-up'' for the WBSTT
• Develop an employee-orientated organisation culture that emphasises continuous improvement, teamwork, high performance and quality
• Provide leadership in the efficient and timely implementation of HR programs and policies as needed and required by the organisation
• Maintain a close working relationship with the senior management of WBSTT and the Warner HR team in APAC and Japan
• Work closely with the senior team to develop staffing strategies and implement appropriate programs and plans. Ensure full Recruitment support is given to the business
• In accordance with the HR WM Operating model oversee the HR Team and Work Forces Analyst in the timely creation and distribution of employment contracts and processing of new employee documentation
• Oversee the processes to ensure that all new starters, leavers and changes to terms and conditions are processed correctly through The Work Force Analyst and HRIS Payroll; that all HR databases are maintained, including Workday, to reflect new hires, leavers and changes
• Provide guidance to employees and line managers on employee relations; escalate serious ER matters to ER legal team. Seek appropriate guidance and support from the employment lawyer in relation to dealing with HR matters as and when necessary. Ensure guidance in accordance to labour relations law and process with the Japan location for all employee levels
• Advise and/or support the senior management team, in conjunction with the HR Advisory/Business partner team in conducting any ER related investigations; ensure high levels of support and coaching through all capability and disciplinary matters ensuring compliance with relevant statutory requirements, company policy and best practice
• Oversee the HR Team to ensure that all new starter and leaver requirements are administered to the Workforce Analyst and HRIS payroll is provided with the accurate, relevant documentation to ensure correct payment of leave
• In conjunction with Compensation and Benefits team APAC ensure the benefit and incentive plans are communicated to new hires and existing employees
• Oversee the Training Manager on delivery of training for the Tour employees; including induction and full onboarding. Liaison with the L&D WM on the development and implementation of management and employee training programs
• Provide leadership in identifying training needs for employees, management, departments, and the Company as a whole with respect to policies and procedures, skills and personal development, regulatory matters, etc.
• Proactively interact with line management and the wider employee base to understand and respond to their business and human resources needs
• Manage, motivate and develop the HR Team
• Recruitment and selection of new team members
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Qualified HR – PHRi, JHRS. Graduate qualification
• HR Generalist background
• Experience providing HR guidance and support to all levels of staff and line management
• Ability to advise on employee relations matters including conducting disciplinary and grievance meetings, advising line managers on policy and best practice
• Adept with handling employee grievances
• Proven experience of recruitment, selection and placement of employees at all levels within the organisation
• Ability to operate in a high volume, fast paced, demanding environment
• Effective working as part of a remote HR team
• Change management experience
• Commercial acumen
• Proven project management skills
• Effective negotiator and mediator
• Computer literate – confident and experienced with HR Databases (Workday preferred) and with a full working knowledge of Microsoft Office to an intermediate level
• Numerical Skills and analytical mindset with the ability to analyse data and convert in to concise reports; meticulous attention to detail including proof reading
• Ability to take initiative using own discretion and skills and work with limited supervision; discreet and able to treat information within the department as highly confidential
• Excellent organisation and follow up skills; ability to prioritise, delegate; excellent time management skills
• Professional, diplomatic, confident with good social skills; able to deal with all levels of staff and management
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; confident communicating at all levels within the organisation
• Flexible attitude, patient, calm and unflappable nature, with a flexible approach to their work and those that they work with
• Fluency in written and spoken Japanese and English is required
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including flexible hours or an element of working remotely. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need.