Distribution Technology Analyst
London, United Kingdom
This is a new position within DTO that will provide technical oversight, support, and subject matter expertise while working to define WM's operational direction in the field of distribution technology on a global scale.
The DTO team is directly responsible for authorizations, support and troubleshooting of WM linear & SVOD services, monitoring of several WM supply chain applications as well as content availability for HBO Max in multiple regions throughout the world. Other responsibilities include implementation and monitoring of manual and automated service blackouts for MLB, NBA, NCAA, NBA TV, Int'l Sports, and the TCM network. This work requires collaboration with various internal groups including Sales, CTO, Global Engineering and Master Control as necessary. This is a global position that must be flexible when the business warrants, requiring availability nights, weekends and holidays.
Provide a general explanation of why the position exists, its function, and its relation to other functions in the department.
This position will demonstrate subject matter expertise in the areas of content distribution technology & operations, satellite transmission and reception, video delivery operations via fiber & IP, playout technology, vendor & service management, analog and digital signaling, affiliate reception architectures and processing, DRM and encryption operations, and five 9s uptime in a global 24/7 environment.
II. MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Please explain in specific detail the main responsibilities of this position. Explain not only what is done, by why it is done (and/or for whom). Also include examples and note tools or equipment used to accomplish the duty. % time spent
• Own the operational oversight of all contribution (B2B) and distribution (DTH) linear feeds 24/7.
• Own the technical operations relationship with global affiliates, vendors, and internal business teams, ensuring alignment with Tech Ops and company strategy. Consult on the early planning, onboarding and support of new customers/affiliates to our distribution services. Act as a gateway between our customers, service providers, transport providers, internal teams (Legal, Ops, Engineering, Commercial, Finance, etc.) and technology suppliers throughout projects, new business, and fault scenarios.
• Continually evaluate existing global linear operations for efficiencies, ensuring contractual obligations and financial targets are met. Collaborate with Procurement, Engineering/Technology, Operations, and Sales to manage the vetting and deployment of core international playout and broadcast services from 3rd Party service providers. Manage global transmission and monitoring vendors to guarantee that all WM partners are properly supported and serviced, including adherence to uptime and SLA targets, setting, monitoring, and enforcing tangible KPIs on all services.
• Maintain a solid understanding of technological advancements within the industry, allowing deep dive technical and operational discussions, ensuring our outsourced services are efficient and futureproof. Consult with senior leadership and Engineering teams on global distribution technology strategy, ensuring the DTO group is well represented and informed regarding new technology and associated operational support.
• Provide operational oversight of our IP cloud platform along with international distribution-related projects or changes.
• Act as an escalation point for internal teams and external customers in the event of service-impacting faults.
• Lead global distribution technology initiatives from the operations perspective, such as satellite repacking and consolidation, affiliate reception hardware upgrades/conversions, fiber/IP launches, and new launch request review, testing, and approval. 30%
• Support our commercial sales executives in customer discussions pertaining to existing and future services, forming an understanding of their requirements, goals and vision ensuring our delivery solutions align with both our customers' expectations and our business objectives. 10%
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvk3vj-3-238-95-208-42 in your application.