PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Advertising Operations Manager is responsible for the overall management of the digital Ad Ops function, ad serving technologies and the optimization and delivery of advertising campaigns across all Warner Media (WM) digital assets including both Owned platforms like website/ apps etc. and other operated platforms.
Technology Management & Implementation [30%]
• Have oversight on all ad serving technologies across the organisation and review regularly to ensure technology is being used as efficiently as possible across SEAK and ANZ including owned platforms (Website/Apps) as well as operated platforms.
• Support adsales team in suggesting best in class technology and champion adoption towards business outcomes
• Manage the implementation of technology and advanced ad units such as new ad formats, advanced ad-servers, viewability platforms and programmatic platforms etc.
• Manage all internal assets and tools including keeping tech specs updated, monitoring existing practices, refining and implementing new workflows etc.
• Work with the International T&O team to maintain a business aligned tech roadmap for the region
Campaign Management and Optimisation [35%]
• Traffic and manage all campaigns accurately, take a single unified view on campaign performance that cuts across platforms running through WarnerMedia Premium Digital Networks including O&O.
• Active campaigns management towards advanced goals, both in relation to internal promotional campaigns and in supporting revenue drive campaigns – adapting to agreed expectations and benchmarks
Inventory oversight and allocation optimization and reporting [20%]
• Manage inventory across WarnerMedia digital platforms and work in collaboration with adsales teams as well as media planning team on internal allocations and advising on promotional strategy
• Deliver monthly reports to stakeholders for all products including Web, App, YouTube, Paid and House ad campaigns
Stakeholder Management & Collaboration [15%]
• Train, manage and collaborate with the wider team to deliver the best possible results
• Work closely with Ad-Sales team, Reps, Development Teams and Finance and build strong working relationships and processes to be able to deliver to outcomes
• Be open to collaboration and taking on ad-hoc projects when assigned
• Help define future workflows, maintaining dialog with international peers
• 4+ years experience in digital advertising operations, with commercial teams.
• Experience working with ad-serving technology, particularly Google Ad Manager. Knowledge of FreeWheel, programmatic (i.e. Google Ads, AppNexus) and viewability (i.e. IAS, MOAT, DV) platforms would be beneficial.
• Extensive knowledge of the advertising technology landscape including third party servers, exchange/RTB functionality and general industry trends.
• Experience in analytics platform such as Looker, Tableau and Adobe Analytics.
• Expert in Excel and other Microsoft applications.
• Self-Starter, detail orientated, precise and very organized.
• Ability to manage multiple stakeholder with various needs.
• Ability to work under time pressure and to deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills. Fluency in spoken and written English.
• Experience in managing contextual advertising campaigns
• People management skills.
• Knowledge of broader media industry commercial workflows, particularly in relation to kids demo.
• Experience in SEA and/or ANZ.
• Familiarity with digital advertising to kids and/or the kids media industry