Core Server Engineer (Temporary)
Warner Bros. Games Boston is a Warner Bros. Games development studio focused on creating free-to-play games for mobile platforms. The studio is utilizing its extensive expertise in creating persistent online worlds that foster powerful social gaming communities to develop its hit mobile game, Game of Thrones: Conquest.
WB Games Boston is looking for a Server Engineering Temp to join our team! In this position you will have a hands-on role maintaining and implementing key game systems and features for our free-to-play mobile strategy title Game of Thrones: Conquest. This position can support fully remote work.
This role is an opportunity to get your foot in the door to the exciting and rewarding Games Industry. This is a genuinely entry-level opportunity at a studio that is committed to inclusive and equitable hiring. Prior professional experience is not required.
What We Do
The Core Server team works to improve the player and developer experience by building out our server platform, researching new technologies, investigating tricky technical issues and bugs, and consistently discovering new and clever ways to improve our global scale. Your work will reach a vast audience of passionate players.
What Part You'll Play
• Develop, maintain, and improve systems to support our server platform and infrastructure that drives the backend for our mobile game client. This may include bug fixing, optimizations, workflow and performance improvements, and building new systems. You can expect both collaboration and mentorship within the team, as well as phases of autonomy for your own professional development. Previous interns have developed, maintained, or improved both developer-facing and live game systems with real, lasting impact for our players
• Be responsible for your work when given prioritized goals and objectives
• Work closely with the team to develop solutions for our player and developer experiences
• Share and receive technical and professional feedback
What You Bring
• Comfort with basic software development including coding (in any language), knowledge of data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis (big-O)
• A growth mindset and good listening skills
• An ability to work in a collaborative environment and effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical team members
• A commitment of at least 6 months
• Experience with git or other revision control systems
• Experience with Linux/OSX and using the command line
• Experience with Go and SQL
• Experience with Docker
• Knowledge of AWS
What The Interview Process Looks Like
• After your application is submitted, resumes and cover letters will be gathered and read by members of the team
• A phone interview will be scheduled to learn more about you and your fit
• A small tech exercise will be provided to get an idea of how you approach a problem
• A round of interviews will be scheduled with members of the team to learn more about your experiences and what we can bring each other
• If selected, our recruiter will reach out with an offer and any other details!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvok3w-34-231-243-21-42 in your application.