Associate Artist, Cinematics (Temp)
WarnerMedia showcases some of the most iconic and cherished entertainment, news and sports brands in the world, but we are much more than that. WarnerMedia is truly where art meets science. Our combination of cutting-edge technology and an unrivaled commitment to groundbreaking storytelling builds a sense of community and meaningful connection that is shaping the future of media. We create rewarding opportunities across our entire family of brands, while championing a spirit of inclusion, innovation, self-development and support. Join WarnerMedia as we think big, live true and make the stories that move the world.
The creative team that brought Mortal Kombat and Injustice to life is now NetherRealm Studios, part of the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment family. With over 20 years of creation under our belts, NetherRealm's mission remains the same: to create cutting edge entertainment and deliver industry leading tech, game art and overall gaming experiences. NetherRealm Studios is a collaborative and creative environment, constantly striving to up the ante on what is possible in interactive entertainment. Our team is comprised of dedicated professionals with years of experience who are at the forefront of the gaming industry. The passion and energy that made Mortal Kombat a reality is still on display every day in our offices, our hallways and most definitely the studio's arcade room.
The Cinematics Associate Artist is responsible for supporting the Cinematics team members across any discipline in finalizing cinematic sequences that convey the story utilizing traditional filmmaking principles and 3D computer graphics knowledge on in-house proprietary tools as well as standard industry packages.
• Operate scene rendering tools, and wrangle render job requests across all art disciplines
• Help troubleshoot cinematic content issues
• Assist team members in testing content in engine and on console
• Create, polish, and/or implement Cinematic scenes
• Highly detail oriented and organized
• Some amount of formal art education such as BFA/BS from accredited art or design school or equivalent level of experience required.
• Familiarity with at least one industry standard 3D package required (Maya, Motion Builder, Unreal Engine, etc.)
• Ability to take direction well
• Strong problem solving skills
• Ability to learn new tools quickly
The Nice to Haves
• Familiar with the Unreal Engine 4
• Experience with Cinematography
• Experience with Motion Builder
• QA Experience
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r79o7k-3-238-24-209-42 in your application.