The Assistant Editor assists the Supervising Editor and Editor in the development and maintenance of DC comics, licensed comics, digital comics, and custom projects. They will be responsible for editing special titles or books as needed.
• Assists Supervising Editor and Editor with the development and production of DC Comics, licensed comics, digital comics, and custom projects.
• Interacts with freelancers and various departments to ensure that the projects are moving through the appropriate departments as scheduled.
• Ensures that tip sheets, cover copy, catalog copy, and other relevant materials are created and distributed on time.
• Assists in administrative duties: vouchers, trafficking of art, copies, mailing, etc.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• One (1) to two (2) years of relevant work experience required.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with fellow employees at all levels of the business (both verbally and in writing).
• Must have the ability to organize and pay close attention to details.
• Must have the ability to manage multiple project elements and tasks simultaneously.
• Must have the ability to work well under time constraints to meet deadlines.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Knowledge of core comic book mythologies and terminology.
• Knowledge of art, ability to discuss composition, color, and design required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office/Outlook or Mac equivalent.
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud, primarily Photoshop and Acrobat.
The Nice to Haves:
• Knowledge of the comic book industry strongly preferred.
• Online or print editorial experience preferred.
• Copy-editing and proofreading skills preferred.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g334y9-3-230-144-31-42 in your application.