You will be a key member of the buying team, supporting the head of Buying & Sourcing.
The role of the Assistant Buyer is all about developing and selecting product that delivers against sales and margin targets working with vendors and licensees and managing critical path to ensure product launches on time.
• Take ownership of Buying projects
• Manage the critical path of products
• Liaise with and manage relationships with vendors
• Manage product approvals through our in-house system
• Negotiate product pricing
• Work with licensees to determine new opportunities for collaboration and negotiate exclusivity agreements
• Align with the merchandising team, particularly the junior merchandiser
• Deliver presentations in a confident manner
• Experience in a Buying Head Office Role, having managed a BA
• Attention to detail and strong analytical and numerical skills
• Commercial awareness complimented by creative flair coupled with a methodical, accurate, and logical approach
• Excellent organisation skills. Can multitask and work across several projects, prioritising demands
• The capability to work in a fast-paced environment and achieve targets whilst coping with the pressure of having to make important decisions to meet tight deadlines
• A methodical, accurate, and logical approach
• Can demonstrate time management skills with the ability to prioritise and manage workload
• Excellent communication with strong written and verbal skills, with the ability to adapt style to suit different audiences.
• Strong negotiation skills and the ability to network and influence people
• Great team player and strong interpersonal skills with leadership attributes
• Drive and determination
• Knowledge of Aptos (or other buying systems)
• 40 hours per week (full time) on a Monday to Friday pattern.
• Occasional weekend work (as an alternate) may be required to support the wider retail business.
• Because of the adaptive nature of this role flexibility is required to suit the needs of the business.
Our people make WM the inspiring organisation it is today.
At WarnerMedia, our commitment starts with you! As a company of storytellers
and journalists we have a responsibility to make sure we have a collection of
voices and people whose stories reflect and connect with the global audiences
and communities we serve.
WarnerMedia, and its suite of brands like Warner Bros., CNN, HBO Max, HBO,
TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang and many more, have long
been committed to equity and inclusion as moral and business imperatives. It is
essential that our content and creative partners reflect the diversity of our
society and the world around us. Together with other production companies,
networks, guilds, unions, talent agencies and others in the industry,
WarnerMedia is committed to greater inclusion of people of colour, women, the
LGBTQ community, those with disabilities and other underrepresented groups in
greater numbers both in front of and behind the camera.
There really has never been a better and more exciting time to join
WarnerMedia. For more information on how to join our company and our
commitment to diversity and inclusion, please click here
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqm5e1-3-238-232-88-42 in your application.