WarnerMedia seeks an Analyst for the HR Services Payroll Settlement & Accounting department. The Analyst for Payroll Settlement & Accounting works collaboratively with Payroll, Payroll Tax, Finance, and other third-party groups to process check cancellations, stop payments, cancellations with the bank and other related processes. This individual is responsible for analyzing, researching, and resolving issues and addressing related settlement and accounting inquiries. This individual will monitor the payroll general ledger accounts and obtain and log supporting documentation for journal entries and account reconciliations. He/she will participate in special projects when required.
• Perform account reconciliation against the general ledger and balance sheet, liaising with Payroll, Payroll Tax and Pension Teams to analyze and resolve discrepancies.
• Perform check printing through integration to Bottomline Check Management and print other checks (e.g., Worker's Compensation Checks).
• Research and monitor payroll outstanding items on a regular basis. Ensure the transactions are appropriately adjusted in the Workday and or journal entries have been posted in applicable financial system. If required, liaise with Payroll Tax to issue updated tax documents.
• Perform monthly financial close audits and ensure journal entries have been posted in applicable financial system.
• Supports internal audits of various payroll areas and prepare materials for external and internal auditors.
• Provides excellent customer service in researching and responding to inquiries from employees, agencies, and other internal/external parties.
• Participates in testing of payroll system or process changes and enhancements.
• Supports the Payroll Settlement & Accounting Manager, with other projects and tasks as required.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field or equivalent combination of work experience required.
• CPP, CPA or FPC certification preferred.
• Minimum 2 years of experience with Workday HR/payroll required.
• Minimum 2 years related experience in data analysis or error correction required
• Minimum 5 years related experience in payroll processes required.
• Understanding of federal and state regulations related to salaries, wages, taxes, benefits, and other payroll related matters required.
• Payroll software implementation experience preferred.
• Experience with Workday HR/payroll integration and mass data change uploads (EIB) preferred.
• Experience with systems and processes related to union payroll processing required.
• Previous experience in a confidential business environment strongly preferred.
• Experience with a large multi-business unit organization is a plus.
• Experience working in a shared services organization is a plus.
• Knowledge of Windows, Excel, Word, and Outlook required.
• Must have excellent oral and written communication and customer service skills and the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel
• Must be able to organize, prioritize and schedule work effectively.
• Must be able to work well under time constraints.
• Must have excellent analytical skills.
• Must have excellent attention to details.
• Must be a self-starter and a team player.
• Must be able to handle a high volume in a fast-paced environment.
Business Unit Overview:
HR Services provides payroll, travel and expense, human resources, HRIS, IT and benefits administrative services to the Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g33ywn-3-236-212-116-42 in your application.