The Distribution Business Planning & Strategy team is responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive strategy to drive subscription volume and revenue for the Warner Bros. Discovery Distribution business, across Global Platforms (App Stores/Devices) , MVPD ( Cable/Te lc o/Satellite) , and Virtual MVPD /Channels distributors. The Analyst will work closely with the Analytics & Insights team to pair their analysis and reporting with the A nalyst's knowledge
of day - to - day business operations to create account team goals and prepare presentations on business plans & strategy specifically for MVPD/vMVPD distribution . The A nalyst will also have a role in working with various internal teams to execute these plans across the portfolio of distribution partners , and keep colleagues informed on performance of the vMVPD/MVPD business versus targets .
• Supports team across full portfolio of products including HBO Max, Discovery+, and any future WBD streaming products .
• Supports team in developing overarching subscription, activation, and engagement strategies for Di stribution, in collaboration with full Distribution team and other W BD stakeholders.
Organizes into a cohesive story culminating in the annual Distribution Business Plan .
• Supports team in modeling and communicating subscriber & activation/engagement goals .
• Contributes feedback on business reporting needs for the MVPD/vMVPD business to influence dashboards within data visualization tool (Looker).
• Works with Analytics & Insights team to request & develop necessary ad-hoc statistical analyses to support business strategies and marketing plans.
• Upholds a 'test and learn' approach for all new portfolio initiatives by evaluating performance after execution of each initiative to optimize go-forward strategy. Leverages disparate sources of information to do so, including quantitative analyses from the Analytics & Insights team as well as other factors that influence performance (marketing/merchandising, partner relationships, etc.). Presents findings to key Distribution/ W BD stakeholders along with go-forward recommendations.
• Takes on project management role in executing distribution initiatives, including ongoing coordination across various teams.
• A cts as a subject matter expert on competitive trends within
OTT space (new launches, competitor promotions, etc.) , and translate s to W BD where applicable . Compiles and reports out findings & recommendations .
• Cultivate s and manage s relationships with internal stakeholders . Facilitate s the constant flow
o f information between teams that is critical to the day-to-da y business .
• Expertise with Excel & PowerPoint.
• Analytical and motivated. Comfort with ambiguity and quickly changing priorities.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• A natural collaborator.
• Strong organizational & time management skills.
NICE TO HAVE:
• Bachelor's degree, highly preferred.
• 1+ years of experience in a strategy/business development/analytical role at a media/entertainment/tech company , management consulting firm , and/ or investment bank preferred . Candidates with less experience may be considered.
• Prior experience with data visualization tools (Looker, Tableau) a plus.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles that will be performed in New York City. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Warner Bros. Discovery's total compensation package for employees. Pay Range: $59,640.00 - $110,760.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx8zj1-100-24-118-144-42 in your application.