Artist, Characters Outsourcing
For the past 20 years Monolith Productions has been obsessed with delivering a unique gaming experience for our fans. Starting with Blood, our very first title – all the way to our most recent offering, Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor, we are constantly pushing the envelope to combine innovative gameplay, inventive narratives, cutting edge tech & AI, and stunning visuals. We are challenging ourselves even further to ensure that our next project is going to be our best yet. That's where you come in – for us to achieve that, we need the best and brightest talent the industry has to offer. Help us create our next AAA title.
Monolith Productions, a division of WB games Inc., seeks an Advanced Artist, Characters for the studio's newest game in development.
The Advanced Artist, Characters candidate is responsible for creating industry leading characters and creatures within a AAA project infrastructure. This person will report directly to the Lead Artist, Characters and will help push the boundaries on character construction and aesthetics. They will also help to identify any technical needs and pipeline improvements to the team. The Advanced Artist, Characters will help elevate the team's quality bar by providing feedback and introducing techniques to raise the overall aesthetic. Ideal candidates should have a deep knowledge of all aspect of character creation in the AAA game space and be well versed in current industry trends, techniques and software.
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS:
• 8+ years of experience in the games industry
• Minimum of 3 published AAA games
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
• BA in art or related field or equivalent experience
• At least 8+ years of Zbrush and/or other sculpting digital tools
• At least 8+ years experience with Substance Painter or equivalent.
• At least 8+ years experience with industry standard 3-D package (3D Studio Max and Maya)
• Industry leading character and creature sculpting skills with an ability to create highly realistic AAA quality content
• Industry leading understanding of human and animal anatomy.
• Strong understanding of the history of costume design with an ability to execute a variety of designs from varied time periods
• Strong understanding of facial anatomy
• Strong understanding of color theory with an ability to balance content within a range of lighting scenarios
• Strong understanding of current gen shader technology with an ability to create a wide range of highly realistic materials
• Solid experience and understanding of AAA current generation development, and an interest in finding ways to evolve and improve the character art creation pipeline.
• Solid organization skills with adherence to file structures, naming conventions and other established protocols
• Must be able to work well within a team. Willingness to provide and accept direction, and the ability to embrace change. Ability to collaborate productively with others
• Portfolio/website demonstrating your art skills, design sensibilities, and attention to detail.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rezkb5-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.