Contract Administrator will provide legal administrative support. Candidate must be detail-oriented, organized, resourceful, efficient, calm under pressure, collaborative and take initiative. Candidate must have the ability to confidently and carefully manage and file catalogue of development and production agreements including above and below the line artist agreements, marketing and brand integration agreements, music licenses, location, vendor and clearance agreements.
• Process all contractual payments (e.g., talent payments, royalty payments, settlement payments, etc.) other than option payments and purchase payments; review contracts to verify payment terms; obtain the necessary approvals; request and review all required payment forms; handle tax form and I-9 compliance; update payment tracking charts; follow-up on payments and answer payment inquiries as required; related duties as needed.
• Calendar and track option and contract expiration dates and renewals on all agreements (e.g. production staff agreements, acquisition agreements, etc.) to provide accurate information to division regarding option/contract expiration deadline status, including notifying WBA executives of applicable dates, ensuring that applicable options are exercised in a timely manner, and sending applicable option notices.
• Responsible for updating DTV Writer Agreement Report and Casting and Voice Director Agreement Report. Create and update Business & Legal Affairs Reports as required; provides back-up support for WBA's Business & Legal Affairs Status Reports.
• Review I.A.T.S.E Local 839 collective bargaining agreement to verify rates and hours for all classifications paid by Business & Legal Affairs; prepare and send rate change memos for all freelance writers.
• Draft and distribute deal summaries and provide other business affairs administrative support for Vice President and Directors of Business & Legal Affairs as required.
• Miscellaneous: Perform other duties, as assigned.
• Minimum 3 years contract management/payment administration/legal secretary experience required
• Animation and/or entertainment industry experience preferred
• BS/BA degree preferred
• Law degree / Paralegal Certificate preferred
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with employees at all levels.
• Knowledge of the entertainment industry and customary terms.
• Ability to prioritize, follow-up and schedule meetings.
• Aptitude to analyze and understand business contracts.
• Understanding of common contractual terms and practices.
• Cognizance of general business practices and legal issues.
• Commitment to being responsive and reliable.
• Highly organized and strict attention to detail.
• Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with persons on all levels, in-person, in email and on the telephone
• Executes his or her duties with professionalism and the utmost discretion.
• Willing to work in a team environment and take direction and feedback.
• Eager to implement best practices and work flow systems.
• Excellent follow-through and ability to find and utilize all resources available.
• Ability to prioritize assignments and work effectively under time constraints.
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5kvqe-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.