Founded in 2010 by leading Games Industry entrepreneurs, Playdemic is a BAFTA Award winning developer and publisher of mobile games, focused on creating fun and engaging, free-to-play game services for iOS and Android, including the global smash hit, Golf Clash.
Our culture and values place great emphasis upon open communication, autonomy and empowerment. We believe in encouraging people to be the best they can be and giving them the tools to achieve their goals. Our personality is to be innovative and to encourage creative risk taking. This is combined with a flat and transparent approach to decision making that creates a shared culture of success.
Golf Clash has been entertaining millions of players for over 4 years and our goal is to continue providing exciting new features and content to our fans for many more years to come. If you want to create games for millions of players to enjoy on the go, then this is the job you've been looking for! We are committed to constantly improving our working practices and collective knowledge through training and supporting each other.
Playdemic are looking for an 3D Artist to join the Golf Clash team to provide high quality 3D assets. You'll be expected to work across all areas of the game from providing environment assets to creating new Tees, Balls and icons. You'll be collaborating with various different disciplines in the team such as design, code and other members of the art team and will have excellent communication skills to clearly iterate on work for the highest quality outcome.
• Contributing excellent quality assets to the busy content pipeline
• Collaborating with team members to maintain consistency and quality
• Concepting new ideas and being involved in feedback sessions with rest of team
• Good level of experience using 3ds Max (or Maya, but with a willingness to switch)
• Experience of Photoshop
• Can demonstrate a portfolio with examples of 3D environment creation, organic sculpts, hard surface objects/vehicles.
• 3D modelling and UV layout skills
• Sketching ability to demonstrate ideas/concepts/explain processes
• A passion for games and the processes involved in making them
• Experience within a games studio, although we would consider graduates and industry entrants demonstrating a strong portfolio
• Strong skillset in traditional 2D sketching, drawing, painting, and composition is beneficial
• Understanding of shader design/implementation
• Good understanding of lighting/colour theory
• Experience producing VFX for 3D games
• Skills in Graphic Design
• Experience using World Machine, Z Brush, Marmoset Tool Bag, Substance Designer/Painter or Speed Tree
• 3d animation and rigging skills.
Playdemic is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse and inclusive working environment. All applicants will be equally considered regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age and all other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6zvo0-3-236-170-171-42 in your application.