Founded in 2010 by leading Games Industry entrepreneurs, Playdemic is a BAFTA Award winning developer and publisher of mobile games, focused on creating fun and engaging, free-to-play game services for iOS and Android, including the global smash hit, Golf Clash.
Our culture and values place great emphasis upon open communication, autonomy and empowerment. We believe in encouraging people to be the best they can be and giving them the tools to achieve their goals. Our personality is to be innovative and to encourage creative risk taking. This is combined with a flat and transparent approach to decision making that creates a shared culture of success.
Golf Clash has been entertaining millions of players for over 4 years and our goal is to continue providing exciting new features and content to our fans for many more years to come. If you want to create games for millions of players to enjoy on the go, then this is the job you've been looking for! We are committed to constantly improving our working practices and collective knowledge through training and supporting each other.
Playdemic are looking for an Environment Artist to be a key part of delivering amazing looking content being released every month in the game. You should be able to work well as part of a team to provide high quality 3D assets that will used in fun new environments played by millions of Golfers every day. You will be a dependable and motivated person who is open to learning new skills in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
• Working closely with the Lead Artist and other members of the Art team to create assets for new courses
• Collaborate with level designers to ensure the course plays as expected
• Come up with concepts based on course theme and contribute to ideas
• Good level of experience using 3ds Max (or Maya, but with a willingness to switch)
• Experience of Photoshop
• Can demonstrate a portfolio with examples of 3D environment creation, organic sculpts, hard surface objects/vehicles.
• 3D modelling and UV layout skills
• Sketching ability to demonstrate ideas/concepts/explain processes
• A passion for games and the processes involved in making the
• Understanding of shader design/implementation
• Experience using World Machine, Z Brush, Marmoset Tool Bag, Substance Designer/Painter, or Speed Tree
• Good understanding of lighting/colour theory
Playdemic is committed to creating and maintaining a diverse and inclusive working environment. All applicants will be equally considered regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age and all other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw82kj-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.