Your New Role...
Warner Bros. Discovery, a division of WB Studio Enterprises Inc. seeks two (2) Investigators for the Warner Bros. Discovery Labor Relations Department who directly report to the Director-Counsel. This position will primarily be responsible for performing investigations related to complaints by or about production employees, as well as those involving facility employees who support production. These production employees are mainly located in North America and the majority are represented by a variety of industry unions and guilds including, but not limited to, WGA, DGA, DGC, SAG-AFTRA, UBCP/ACTRA, IATSE, IBEW, Teamsters, Laborers, AFM, etc. The nature of employee complaints include, but are not limited to, harassment & discrimination; insubordination; bullying or hostile work environment; retaliation; drugs & alcohol; conflict of interest; verbal altercations; threats and violence in the workplace; misappropriation of company property or theft. The position will be responsible for recommending and issuing discipline, if needed; as well as, providing coaching and counseling to employees.
Your Role Accountabilities...
• Demonstrate knowledge of and experience with the complaint process.
• Assess the interconnection of employment laws that impact an investigation and its outcomes, such as, ADA, EEOC, FLSA, NLRA, etc.
• Recommend and implement the appropriate discipline, up to and including discharge, when appropriate. This may require interaction with a variety of other Warner Bros. Discovery divisions, including Corporate Legal, Security, Leave of Absence, and facility and production executives.
• Manage and coordinate matters with Labor Relations professional staff and key stakeholders in the investigation process including, but not limited to, production executives, legal counsel, human resources representatives, etc. Ensure effective workflow within the organization. Must understand, interpret, and communicate priorities in a diplomatic manner.
• Performing Investigations
• Interview and Documentation Process (Complainants, Witnesses, Respondents, and other related individuals, such as agents, managers, and attorneys)
• Providing Outcome Summaries to Stakeholders
• Issuing Discipline
• Memorializing Discipline
• Additional Duties, e.g., working with outside stakeholders like an Employee Assistance Provider or Security
Qualifications & Experience...
• 3 years of experience with working in employee relations, human resources, legal, or commensurate environment required
• College Degree in related field or equivalent experience
• Previous experience working in a production and/or union environment is beneficial, but not required
• Must have computer skills in Word and Outlook; and, Excel is preferred
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including possible overtime, when necessary
• Knowledge of employment law is required
• Strong verbal and written communication skills required
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with persons on all levels, in person and on the telephone
• Must have strong writing skills and ability
• Must have the ability to pay close attention to detail and understand written and oral instructions.
• Must have the ability to independently organize, prioritize, and schedule work effectively
• Must have the ability to work well under time constraints
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks
• Must be able to be discreet and to keep information strictly confidential
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $67,486.00 - $125,330.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1j6zy-3-227-251-94-42 in your application.