Manager Finance - Enterprise Tech & Ops
Warner Bros. Discovery
New York, NY
Your New Role...
As a multinational media and entertainment business, the Tax Manager will be involved in complex tax issues spanning federal, state, and international issues. This role will focus mainly on an assigned division of WBD, or assigned discipline such as state or international, and is expected to research and develop deep tax technical skills related to specific industry issues and broad tax concepts. This role will be involved in both preparation and review of tax calculations and tax returns for both corporations and partnerships. In addition, this role will be assisting WBD's co-source 3rd party accounting firm as it relates to compliance and reporting.
Your Role Accountabilities...
• Manage tax positions and attributes for assigned companies. Manage the preparation and review of federal, state, and international income tax compliance returns by ensuring complete, accurate, and timely filings. Includes the preparation and review of estimate and extension calculations. Update projections based on business forecasts and prepare and review quarterly tax accounting submissions.
• Assist with support and documentation to federal and state audit information requests
• Assist in researching and resolving technical tax issues
• Assist with strategic projects.
• Continue to develop a system/approach to ensure the accuracy and completeness of work papers for all tax return positions. Drive innovation and transformation within tax compliance through continued process improvement and automation.
Qualifications & Experience
• 5+ years of relevant income tax compliance experience in a public accounting firm and/or large, multinational corporation.
• Experience with federal consolidated returns, US partnerships, and controlled foreign corporations required.
• Bachelor's degree required and Master's degree preferred
• CPA or enrolled agent preferred
• Understanding of fundamental tax concepts and US tax laws.
• General understanding of accounting for income taxes.
• Excellent research, writing, and oral skills.
• Ability to solve complex problems quickly, handle multiple tasks and organize resources to ensure work is completed on time and on budget.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Proficiency in excel and data analytic tools
• Working knowledge of Corptax and OneSource Income Tax compliance software
• Working knowledge of ERP systems such as PeopleSoft, Hyperion, and SAP S4 Hana.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $100,940.00 - $187,460.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmo2x2-3-239-117-1-42 in your application.
Salary Range: $100,940 to $187,460 Per Year ($ USD)