About WBD Streaming
Warner Bros. Discovery's DTC organization sits at the intersection of tech, entertainment, and everyday utility. We are continuously leveraging new technology to build immersive and interactive viewing experiences. Our platform covers everything from search, catalog, and video transcoding, to personalization, global subscriptions, and more. We are committed to delivering quality user experiences, ranging from video streaming to applications across connected TV, mobile, web and consoles. As a pure tech organization, we are essential to Warner Bros. Discovery's continued growth, building world-class products from the ground up for our iconic brands like HBO Max, WB, CNN, Discovery Channel, CNN, Food Network, HGTV, Eurosport, MotorTrend, and many more.
About this role
Warner Brothers Discovery (WBD) is looking to hire a full-time Experienced Staff Software Engineer to join our Data Quality team. The team helps our clients articulate how data contributes to business value, identifies data quality issues, and implements solutions to verify, validate, and monitor data quality. The Data Quality Engineer will drive the framework to formulate rules-based and pattern-based tests. Ensuring code and pipelines are created to discover, implement, execute, and manage those tests.
• Apply broad knowledge of technology options, technology platforms, design techniques and approaches across the Data Engineering ecosystem to build systems that meet quality needs.
• Build systems and datasets using software engineering best practices, data management fundamentals, data storage principles, recent advances in distributed systems, and operational and engineering excellence best practices.
• Analyze systems, define transformation requirements, design suitable data models and document the design/specifications.
• Demonstrate passion for quality and productivity by use of efficient development techniques, standards and guidelines.
• Drive the design, to build, execute, and maintain automated tests and/or manage deep data profiling runs to ensure data products and pipelines meet expectations
• Collaborative Leader who helps other engineers and team members to be more productive, sharing knowledge and guides direction for key technical decisions. Provide mentoring to other engineers.
• Partner with analysts, engineers, subject matter experts, and product managers to apply WBD's analytical and quality methods to satisfy client needs.
• Participate in the growth of the Data Quality Excellence practice by sharing knowledge and lessons learned, continually improving best practices, and contributing to methods that will systematically advance workforce capabilities
• Effectively communicate through technical documentation, commented code, and interactions with stakeholders and adjacent teams
• Contribute to building a vibrant workplace, where teams can thrive, and model the organization's positive, supportive culture of respect and excellence
• Direct experience with any or all of the following: data quality, data management, data governance, analytics, business intelligence, dashboards or reporting, data science, and/or data-intensive software development projects (including exposure to and familiarity with the technologies and tools)
• Demonstrated familiarity or experience with navigating data ecosystems (data warehouses, data lakes, structured and unstructured data, file types, BI systems) and familiarity with terms and concepts therein
• Ability to effectively coordinate and collaborate with software engineers, team members, and other internal subject matter experts to successfully leverage and continually improve WBD's tools, processes, and resources
• Ability to solve business problems with simple and straightforward solutions, applying appropriate technologies and software engineering best practices
• Ability to drive best practices and set standards for the team while modeling exemplary software creation.
• Aptitude for becoming familiar with new tools and technologies
• Ability to lead in a remote and in person environment, participating in SCRUM/agile and other meetings
• Ability to lead making other engineers and team members more productive, by sharing knowledge, and helping to tie-break key technical decisions.
• Ability to communicate frequently and openly with team members, stakeholders, and leadership, in person and through succinct technical documentation.
• A Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
• Proficiency in functional programming languages (including Python) as well as declarative programming languages (e.g. SQL, MYSQL).
• Good understanding and experience in a big data processing platform such as Databricks.
• Good understanding and experience in Airflow or equivalent orchestration tool.
• Good understanding and experience in Cloud data base such Snowflake or equivalent database.
• 7+ years of hands-on experience in working on data-centric systems using MPP Database technologies and python, Spark, or AWS equivalents.
• 7+ years of experience with AWS Cloud Data Technologies including familiarity with EMR, Kinesis, Athena.
• Proven ability to acquire subject-matter expertise of software systems
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $95,550.00 - $177,450.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb32pe-3-238-250-73-42 in your application.