Your New Role Description:
We are seeking a Sr. QA Analyst to perform Quality testing work on our Data Management, Engineering & Architecture team which supports the development and implementation of the Enterprise Data Lake. The Sr. QA Analyst will partner with other team members to ensure that we bring all the data assets together in one place in our Enterprise Data Lake platform and make this data accessible to our business users for analysis and action. The business goal is to leverage WBD's data assets to create modeling solutions for audience targeting, experience personalization and subscription management. The ideal candidate should bring a very good working knowledge of various Data technologies along with experience working on the AWS and Snowflake cloud platform.
Your Role Accountabilities:
• Develop and implement QA methodologies, processes and documentation.
• Ability to perform in an Agile environment.
• Understand high-level data management and engineering requirements of the business.
• Work closely with data architects and analytics team to understand system and business requirements.
• Develop and maintain test plans, test scripts and test results.
• Perform System, Functional and Integration testing as well as Performance testing where appropriate.
• Work with Product managers and Users during UAT
• Contribute to the project planning process by estimating QA tasks and deliverables.
Qualifications & Experiences:
• Minimum 5 years of experience as a database QA Engineer in Data Warehousing, reporting or analytics environment
• BS/MS in Computer Science, MIS, business, or equivalent education/training/experience
• Working experience in all aspects of testing: functional, system, integration, performance
• Expertise in working with Linux environment
• Experience with cloud-based tools such as Snowflake
• Experience automating, scripting, and streamlining processes for efficiency and accuracy utilizing SQL, Python, Unix shell scripting and Windows BAT.
• Ability and experience with the development of processes and procedures to standardize analytics platform installations and configuration.
• Ability to work on unusually complex technical problems and provide solutions that are highly innovative and ingenious.
• Ability to provide technical documentation and project plans for technical staff members.
• Experienced in software delivery through continuous integration (for example git, bitbucket, Jenkins, etc.)
• Understanding of ELT processes
• Experience with BI tools like Tableau, Looker
• Expertise in database platforms such as RDBMS or NOSQL platforms
• Expert level knowledge of SQL
• Experienced in one or more automation and scheduling tools (for example Redwood, Airflow, etc.)
• Experienced with Atlassian Suite (JIRA, Confluence)
• Experience with AWS, GCP or Azure tools and technologies preferred
• Windows and Linux System administration preferred
If you're a qualified candidate and you require adjustments or accommodations to search for a job opening or apply for a position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1437v-18-206-48-243-42 in your application.