Sr People & Culture Partner/HR Business Partner - Warner Bros. Discovery (f/m/d)
Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world's most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Your New Role…
The Senior People Partner GSA provides HR delivery to specific business units across Germany, Switzerland & Austria (GSA) as well as corporate functions across the specific legal entities. The role is responsible for guiding leaders/managers within the business unit on how to appropriately manage and resolve more complex HR issues including, but not limited to, collaborating with workers council, performance management, employee relations, employee development, compensation, internal mobility, staff retention, people acquisition, headcount and position management, and compliance matters, working closely with the Head of P&C GSA, People Solutions, COEs, HRS, Employment- and Corporate- Legal teams as required.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• Provide day-to-day generalist HR support to all business areas within the business unit, collaboration with the Workers Council on day-to-day activities but also on workers council agreements.
• Drive the execution of local / regional / global HR programmes and projects
• Attend BU leadership meetings to communicate upcoming HR programmes and initiatives as well as to gain a solid understanding of P&C needs
• Partner with business/functional leaders to deliver changes to structures, job roles and definitions, reporting lines, new ways of working, process improvements, role eliminations etc and the relevant legal/consultation requirements in the territory.
• Demonstrate an understanding of the financial drivers of each business area
• Supports Finance on annual budgeting, forecasting, and tracking of all ongoing people costs
• In collaboration with the WBD Compensation & Benefits team, provide advice and support to managers on employee compensation matters, remaining up to date with local market trends and practices.
• Manage the annual merit review (and bonus schemes) ensuring fair, consistent and appropriate rewards in line with budgets.
• Escalate complex team or people issues to Head of P&C GSA in a timely fashion as appropriate. May act as an initial escalation point for the People Partners.
• Take proactive steps to ensure all HR systems, local policies and procedures are updated regularly to take account of new and forthcoming employment legislation.
• Ensure Workday is updated regularly and properly maintained to facilitate accurate reporting and integrity of all people data.
• Develop strong working relationships with the COEs to support the implementation of HR programmes and initiatives.
• Provide support to local territory and functional leaders to properly evaluate and develop local employees.
• Emphasize the importance and value of the WBD Culture.
• Encourage teamwork and collaboration in the local offices, looking for ways to increase affiliation to WBD whilst shedding legacy business affiliations and siloes.
• Foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and 'one company' mindset as a critical priority
• Deputise for the Head of P&C GSA where necessary.
Qualifications & Experience…
• Undergraduate degree and/or recognised HR qualification
• Solid experience in a generalist HR capacity supporting leaders and managers
• Experience of large American multinational companies with complex matrix organization.
• Demonstrable experience in collaborating with German Workers Councils and board of disabled persons, experience in negotiating Workers Council Agreements a plus
• Has a solid understanding of employment law across GSA and keeps up-to-date on the latest regulatory developments/changes
• Strong analytical skills and demonstrates an understanding of the specific challenges of each business area. Ability to coach EMEA People Partners in this regard.
• Able to quickly and effectively assess situations, define problems, establish facts and draw valid conclusions by leveraging data to help form points of view, proposals, and drive decisions.
• Hands-on and, proactive in identifying areas of improvement in client areas
• Strong service delivery orientation in combination with an inquisitive mind and a highly collaborative nature and a real desire to help each of the business areas in the territory and confidently push-back where appropriate.
• A completer/finisher, able to get things done and be proactive and responsive.
• Able to appropriately prioritise activities, manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and work efficiently to meet tight deadlines
• Committed to diversity and inclusion, employee engagement and fostering a 'one company' mindset in each territory.
• Strong communication and presentation skills (both written and oral) in both German and English
• Ability to work under high pressure and tight deadlines in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
• Inquisitive mind and genuine interest in the business of media
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law. Severely disabled employees are welcome in our company and will be given special consideration if they are equally qualified. Flexible working hours are offered to assist.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmj682-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.