Your New Role
Warner Bros. Discovery is hiring for a Senior Litigation Paralegal position based in Burbank, California to provide overall litigation support for our Litigation department. This role will require the individual to handle various tasks such as responding to record and information requests, conducting factual investigations, and working in conjunction with our IT team on eDiscovery matters. The individual should be an excellent communicator and team player, should seek to improve current procedures, and should have the ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment..
Your Role Accountabilities
• Responds to third party subpoenas from start to finish, including negotiations, interviews, collections, review and production.
• Acts as liaison between the litigation team and our outside counsel, on the one hand, and our IT team, on the other hand, to facilitate electronic discovery requests/searches and oversee data collections across various sources, including M365- Email and shared electronic workspaces such as OneDrive, Box, etc.
• Identifies and contacts individuals who may have documents/information in response to discovery requests and subpoenas, searches their files (including electronic files), and reviews/analyzes documents (including electronic information) for privilege and other reasons for redactions.
• Conducts factual and basic legal research using computer data bases such as Lexis Nexis and, Pacer, various court databases, etc.
• Drafts memos and correspondence.
• Responds to inquiries/requests from the litigation team, outside counsel and outside vendors.
• Reviews, analyzes, and summarizes legal documents.
• Assists in preparation of supervising attorneys for trials, arbitrations, mediations, meetings, and other court appearances.
• Interacts with outside litigation counsel as needed, especially in connection with document-related issues, represents WBD in small claims court matters, assists in supervising small personal injury lawsuits, and administers bankruptcy claims.
• Organizes and maintains investigation and litigation files.
Qualifications & Experience
• Minimum 7+ years of legal experience at a professional level required.
• In-house paralegal experience, including entertainment industry experience, strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of/experience in personal injury, bankruptcy/collections, intellectual property (e.g. copyright infringement, idea submission claims etc.), and breach of contract preferred.
• Must have excellent PC skills including knowledge of MS Word and Excel and ability to perform internet database searches.
• Must be knowledgeable and experienced handling electronically stored information (ESI) and eDiscovery, including but not limited to e-discovery tools, electronic collection, electronic review, running eDiscovery searches, etc.
• Experience with Records Information Management (RIM) and Document Management Policy (DMP) preferred.
• Knowledge of the Electronic Discovery Reference Manual (EDRM) and Federal Rules of Civil Procedures (FRCP) preferred.
• Experience using RelativityOne (''RelOne'') database and RelOne certifications (i.e., RelOne Specialist and/or RelOne Administrator) preferred.
• BA/BS degree in related field required.
• Completion of paralegal school certification preferred.
• Notary Public preferred
• Must have working experience in effective written communication, including drafting correspondence relating to litigation matters, as well as general business and legal affairs.
• Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel (including outside counsel and outside vendors), in person, telephonically and by email.
• Must have the ability to exercise independent judgment and determine when consultation with others is required
• Must have excellent document organization skills.
• Must be able to research legal questions.
• Must be able to pay close attention to detail and understand written and oral instructions.
• Must be able to work well under time constraints, in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks and work independently.
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including possible overtime, when necessary.
• Must be highly motivated, show initiative and be a self-starter.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $77,983.00 - $144,826.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwz29y-18-206-92-240-42 in your application.