Staff Mobile Engineer
Warner Bros. Discovery
New York, NY
As a member of WBD's Global Information and Content Security (GICS) team, the Senior Director of Global Content Security Operations will provide leadership supporting various risk management initiatives enabling the secure handling of Warner Bros. Discovery (WBD) content globally. The position will set the overall strategy for WBD's creative vendor assessment programs and will inform the creation of secure content workflows throughout the media supply chain. The role will partner across multiple
content and technology teams, as well as other areas of GICS (e.g., Application & Cloud Security), ensuring that our content security approach is ''right-sized'' globally, leveraging a risk-based approach.
• Drive overall strategy for WBD's Content Security vendor assessment program. Lead the team responsible for completing risk assessments of creative vendors, licensees, and content applications via analysis of content workflows and physical and digital/cloud security controls. Act as the leadership escalation point for all assessment requests and ensure business units are
informed of progress. Partner with Legal and Procurement teams to draft and negotiate applicable content security terms in vendor agreements.
• Act as a domain expert to WBD business units (e.g., technology, marketing, localization, consumer products, mastering, etc.) to inform the creation of secure and scalable content workflows for pre-release content. Develop and maintain structured and sustainable approaches to securing the content creation and delivery processes.
• Continuously refine and grow WBD's Content Security program and policies/guidelines based on
changes in technology, workflow, and business needs. Partner with the GICS Training & Awareness team on the development of role-based training.
• Build/maintain existing 3rd party creative and technology vendor relationships as they relate to
content security and ensure relationships are shared and benefitted across global divisions of WBD.
• Stay abreast of emerging content security technologies and threats and proactively assess and evaluate the adoption thereof into the organization.
• Define WBD Content Security program short and long-term roadmaps and KPIs for the area of responsibility.
• Represent WBD in content security industry groups and standards bodies (e.g., CDSA, Motion Picture Association's Trusted Partner Network) related to the position's area of focus.
• Manage departmental budget. Identify opportunities to improve processes and workflows to maximize efficiency and overall departmental effectiveness.
• Drive an inclusive and high-performance culture and manage staff performance and career development.
The best candidate for this role will possess the following:
• MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Security, or relevant work experience.
• 12+ Years of experience in cybersecurity, information technology, engineering, and/or content security.
• Working knowledge of network, storage, cloud, and infrastructure security principles, frameworks, certifications (e.g., SOC 2, ISO 27001), and best practices.
• Prior experience in architecture, development, engineering, or senior technical role.
• In-depth knowledge of terminology and processes associated with creative media production, licensing, and distribution (e.g., KDMs, DI, editing, visual/audio effects, encoding, dubbing, etc.).
• PMP, CISA, CISM, or CISSP certifications are highly desired.
• Proven experience building relationships across a large, global, matrixed organization while balancing content security requirements and risk.
• Ability to work non-traditional hours as needed.
• Excellent data visualization/reporting skills, including presenting complex topics in clear, non- technical language; outstanding analytical, writing, and oral presentation skills.
• Experience leading a team.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $0.00 - $0.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqz79z-3-239-117-1-42 in your application.