Avalanche is a Warner Bros. Games studio located in downtown Salt Lake City nestled against the backdrop of the beautiful Wasatch Mountains. We've been in the video game business since 1995, creating interactive experiences for fans of the world's largest franchises. Join the team behind the blockbuster open world, action RPG Hogwarts Legacy as we create what's next!
About the position:
WB Games Inc., is looking for a Senior Character Technical Artist with strong Unreal, character development and Python experience to join our Salt Lake City studio. You will be part of a versatile tech-art team working with the latest technology developing a high-profile AAA title. You will develop solutions helping our studio work more efficiently and raising the quality bar with a focus on character development and animation.
• Involvement in all aspects of character setup, engine integration and performance tuning.
• Assist and support modelers, animators, mocap team, and riggers by troubleshooting issues, developing tools, defining best practices, developing character rig standards, and mentoring junior tech-artists.
• Seek out opportunities for optimization and workflow improvements.
• Work as a team with programmers, animators, artists, and other technical artists.
• Research and develop forward thinking animation and rigging technologies and tools.
• Strong Unreal foundation; integration and optimization of character/creature content, UE control rigs, chaos cloth, blueprints and MetaHuman.
• At least 3 published games with 5+ years' experience in the industry
• Solid experience with creating and maintaining high end character rigs in Maya
• 5+ years' experience with Maya
• Experience developing Python tools within Maya and Unreal
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and able to self-manage and meet deadlines while setting a professional and collaborative tone
• A good foundation in character animation and anatomy
• Experience with the following software a plus; FaceFX, Faceware, MotionBuilder, Houdini, ZBrush
• Experience with motion capture data and processing a plus
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7w35q-3-231-217-107-42 in your application.