Your New Role…
Warner Bros. Discovery's Security Team in Washington DC is a team of elite security personnel who protect WBD's employees and assets. The security team is a uniform division made up of experienced, proactive men and women that work together as a cohesive unit. The backgrounds of our diverse team are vast and cover many areas such as prior military, law enforcement, and security organizations worldwide.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• Performs security patrols of a multi-story commercial office facility to ensure the safety of employees and the security of work spaces and critical infrastructure.
• Responds to emergency situations of various types including alarm activations, medical emergencies, evacuations, abusive or unruly persons, suspicious or threatening behavior, and other similar events.
• Manages unruly, abusive, or injurious individuals according to established policies and procedures and in accordance with local laws.
• Staffs security posts throughout the facility to screen visitors and guests and control access to employee work space.
• Escorts employees, staff, and visitors to parking facilities on foot or by driving a company vehicle as needed at varying times of day and in all weather conditions.
• Provides excellent customer service to employees, guests, and visitors while enforcing security policies and adhering to standard operating procedures and post orders.
• Uses computer applications and a variety of technology commonly found in commercial office environments, including desktop computers, telephones, printers, etc.
• Uses technology based physical security applications and equipment to monitor closed circuit television, facility access control, and a variety of alarms and systems that are vital to the business.
Qualifications & Experience...
• High school diploma or equivalent is required, some college preferred.
• Valid state issued driver's license is required, and have a responsible driving record.
• Two years military, law enforcement, or security experience strongly preferred. Retired military and law enforcement welcome.
• Ability to work full-time across any shift, including evenings and overnights, any day of the week, including weekends and holidays without restrictions.
• Possess interpersonal skills necessary to effectively interact and communicate with a variety of Warner Bros. Discovery employees, visitors, and supervisors under potentially stressful situations using verbal, written and electronic means of communication.
• Ability to respond to alarms, medical emergencies, and other similar incidents while following the standard operating and emergency response procedures within an acceptable period of time.
• Possess analytical skills necessary to inspect WBD property, ensure security of all Warner Bros. Discovery employees and visitors and prepare non-complex incident reports.
• Physical ability to walk and stand for long periods of time, sometimes in extreme physical environments, restrain and lift disruptive individuals of varying sizes and weight, and ability to go up and down multiple flights of stairs, often while carrying emergency equipment.
• Pass the pre-employment background investigation.
• Pass required certification training including without limitation, Adult & Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED Certification.
• Obtain and maintain a District of Columbia Security Officer occupational license as a condition of employment.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3bb55-44-192-79-149-42 in your application.