• Your New Role…
The Production Manager, Regional Sports Network will ensure a more effective and efficient operation for key aspects of live productions on the network. Through proactive management of scheduling The Production Manager will better manage costs of freelance staff saving and also improve organization across production units, truck, remote crew and transmission vendor. The Production Manager will build morale, improve live event productions and help build staffing depth to give the network more flexibility with cloud production and studio crew. This role also provides technical training support and supervision to improve skills for full time staff.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• Works with Coordinating Producer-Live events and Lead Broadcast engineer on transmission requirements for all live events and assists with coordination on game days
• Assists and works with Engineering and Production teams to determine venue specific needs
• Works with engineering to maintain proper inventories and necessary maintenance of all production equipment kits (Cameras, lights and audio)
• Coordinates and supports all sales and affiliate video projects
• Lead studio contact for Creative Services group
• Production Liaison with truck and crew vendors
• Responsible for managing and providing constructive feedback to all full-time studio personnel
• Maintains a comprehensive and current knowledge of regional sports that are represented by the region
• Coordinates events and creates production books that contain all relevant information including truck, crew, transmission and production team contacts, technical requirements and facility information. Makes sure all event production book information is accurate and up to date.
• Schedules studio production staff
• Hires independent contractors needed for studio productions
• Works to develop additional contractors for future productions
• Approves and facilitates invoicing for accounts payable
• Responsible for managing studio operations budget
• Ability to travel and work highly varied and flexible hours in support of live sporting events (i.e., nights, weekends and holidays) Required
• Qualifications & Experience…
• 8 years of live sports television production experience with at least 2 years of hands-on work experience as an event director or producer in a live sports production setting
• Bachelor's degree in television, film production or a closely related field, or equivalent experience.
• At least 2 years of experience managing a team of individual contributors
• Strong experience with all components of live event production i.e., editing, live action shoots, music usage, broadcast graphics, etc.
• Strong interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, and the ability to thrive in a collaborative work environment with multi-disciplinary teams
• Demonstrated command of project management, the ability to successfully manage and prioritize multiple projects/initiatives in a deadline-driven environment
• The ability to think analytically, develop solutions for process improvement, and provide recommendations to leadership
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to collaborate and communicate effectively and independently at various levels of the company. Strong organizational and project management skills.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize, multitask, and produce creative, quality product in a deadline driven, fast-paced environment.
• Passionate knowledge of regional sports teams and experience working in sports television is strongly preferred.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjpk50-3-238-250-73-42 in your application.