Meet Our Team
This role is within WBD's Platform Engineering & Operations organization (PEO) responsible for providing the tools, services, and observability to our flagship streaming products. This role is specifically leading the Release and Delivery Engineering (RDE) organization's technical direction. RDE's scope includes creating an easy-to-use platform built for developers to easily bring applications to market while upholding a high bar for quality. We do this by packing source control, build systems, pipelines, and deployment solutions in a self-serve service.
We are a fast-growing, global engineering group crucial to WBD's future. We need a development leader who is comfortable turning the needs of our engineering community into thoughtful design and architecture, serving as a senior resource for other developers as they build software components. The Principal Engineering role requires an individual to be a strong servant leader who cares about the developer experience of the customers. Additionally, we are looking for someone who has a passion for mentorship to help grow the engineers of the future.
• Lead design and development of new business critical software systems (frameworks, platforms, or services). Leads critical, strategic, and complex systems and participates in technology reviews across the company.
• Leads multiple teams to drive complex technical solutions and influences decisions and outcomes across all teams. Decisions impact engineering platform, product, and company level decisions. Considered a technical expert and resource within several major domains and have working knowledge of all major domains within their scope.
• Requires in-depth knowledge of industry trends. Solutions are derived with limited information using judgment and experience. Balance tactical results with strategic incremental investments.
• Decomposes complex problems into simple, straightforward solutions. Ability to map strategic business goals to a long-term technology architecture. Directs efforts to improve technology, tools, and processes across multiple teams or organizations.
• Seen as a technical leader by all engineers. General expertise is sought out across the company by all functions. Uses their own initiative to collaborate autonomously with no oversight with cross-functional roles to define or solve department-wide problems. Communicates complex ideas to all levels and partners, anticipates potential objections, and can persuade others to adopt a different point of view.
• Serves as an external spokesperson for their org and influences the industry through technical writings and participates in technical conferences. Demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communications skills. Can easily communicate with all parts of the organization, being able to adapt to the recipient's knowledge level and background.
• Define, evangelize, and model the implementation of good software implementation. Participates in peer feedback processes and provides feedback to hiring managers on candidates. Challenge business requirements and transform them into general solutions that are usable by other parts of the business, avoiding duplication.
• Evangelizes and models an inclusive and supportive engineering culture across all teams. Coaches and mentors up to principal level and provides input to leadership on developmental needs and growth opportunities for team members.
• 10+ years, High proficiency and technical leadership within the Platform Engineering space with technologies on our stack including Kubernetes, Crossplane, Helm, Argo Rollouts, GoLang and a variety of AWS cloud resources.
• You have created complex deployment strategies for api based services kubernetes platform.
• You have led teams who designed high scale CI/CD systems for hundreds or thousands of engineers.
• You have a proven record of accomplishment of designing and building globally distributed platform systems supporting thousands of services and resources based on Kubernetes.
• You are passionate about the developer experience, and all your designs have self-service ease of use in mind.
• You have acquired subject-matter expertise over one or more production software systems and demonstrated a pattern of shipping high quality feature changes in that or those system(s).
• You solve business problems with simple and straightforward solutions, applying appropriate technologies and software engineering best practices.
• You deliver high-quality results the first time and improve code, documentation, and results with each iteration. Your team trusts your work.
What We Offer:
• A Great Place to work
• Equal opportunity employer
• Fast track growth opportunities
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv2n37-3-238-180-174-42 in your application.