A pivotal team member involved in the day-to-day operation, working a 24/7 shift pattern, responsible for preparing 50,000 hours of content for broadcast annually and the continued growth and development of the department, broadcasting 100+ networks throughout the EMEA region.
The Media Services Operator is primarily responsible for the accurate quality control and assessment of all materials into archive prior to broadcast, and the subsequent preparation of audio files for addition to existing assets, whilst also dealing with day to day requests from outside the department and from colleagues.
They are expected to be capable of carrying out all Media Services duties, be able to cover for the Media Services Lead where required, answer technical questions & queries authoritatively, take responsibility for training team members where needed, and to be assigned and complete projects as required.
• Under the direction of the shift Supervisor, accurately process required jobs to work upon based on Department priorities.
• Fully understand and follow all Standard Operational Procedures (SOPs).
• Responsible for raising technical issues and ensuring all details are captured and logged.
• Responsible for keeping the operational area in good order.
• Liaise with Media Management team to ensure all required material is processed in time for broadcast.
• Undertake audio track addition via Adobe Audition.
• Quality Control of audio and video levels of both SD and HD material following industry standards to ensure all processed material meets DCE Technical Specifications.
• Addition of metadata and QC of existing metadata in broadcast systems to ensure fault free broadcast with all assets.
• Undertaking a full quality assessment of required material using a 5 point grading system.
• Perform technical Quality Assessments as required.
• Responsible for ensuring all operational procedures are followed.
• Ensure all aspects of OFCOM and NICAM Codes of Practice relating to the channels are observed.
• Cover the fulfillment role as and when required.
• Such other duties as the management may from time to time reasonably require.
• Ensuring all processed content uploads correctly to the cloud
• Tackling any transmission requests to ensure missing material is available on the cloud outside of business hours.
• Training team members as required. Writing guides, SOP's and taking responsibility for training on specific workflows where required.
• Taking responsibility for projects, testing, documenting and accepting new workflows, as assigned.
• Continuous training, adapting to new workflows, systems and content, as the business required. Proactively ensuring you are able to carry out these tasks to the highest possible standards.
• Experience within a similar role, within a multi-channel environment, fully automated transmission environment
• Familiarity with Adobe Premiere Pro and Audition is preferable
• Familiarity with VPMS is preferable.
• A strong work ethic ensuring a team reaches full potential
• Strong understanding of video and audio theory with broadcast Quality Control and technical Quality Assessment experience
• Demonstrable attention to detail
• Operational knowledge of broadcast equipment including vector scopes, Loudness monitoring and waveforms
• Knowledge of MAM systems preferable
• The ability to work well under pressure within a live transmission environment
• Comfortable in an informal environment where teamwork, accessibility and pragmatism are emphasised
• Hold themselves & others accountable for results
• Ability to identify and prioritise problems and offer alternative solutions
Hours: Average 40 hours per week Day/Night shifts
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpyo9x-18-206-48-243-42 in your application.