The Media Asset Specialist will function in a variety of capacities for the Media Management group which is part of the Marketing Operations team at Warner Bros Discovery. We are looking for a technical individual with extensive experience with Avid Media Composer Ingest and Export fulfillment. The Specialist has experience with the post-production process from beginning to end and understands the crucial role that ingest plays in the whole editing process. This person will work closely with our Media Acquisitions team to understand the digital media that is coming in and how best to process it for our creative producer/editors, and our editorial finishing staff. The Specialist will be primarily responsible for Avid Ingest and Quality Control in our Avid Nexis / Interplay environment at our Marketing Post Facility in NY, as well as exporting our media to a variety of Marketing vendors around the world in all different specifications. While we are primarily an Avid house, we have workflows involving all Adobe products, Davinci Resolve, Pro Tools and an ever-growing list of post-production tools. In addition to an in-depth knowledge of post-production workflows, the qualified candidate will also be well versed in digital cinema cameras and file types, transcoding/encoding, frame rate conversions, color grading and file delivery systems. Experience with emerging formats and next gen file types and technologies preferred. Good attention to detail, organization, and the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines is crucial.
We are looking for someone who lives in the New York City or Los Angeles area, within commutable distance to our offices.
Our Role Accountabilities…
• Evaluate, ingest, and troubleshoot digital media assets into our centralized Avid Nexis / Interplay environment.
• Research and implement new ingest/export methods and new file types are acquired.
• Troubleshoot media issues for Production clients and editors in a fast-paced editorial environment.
• Perform visual and audio quality control evaluations for ingested digital media and completed assets.
Qualifications & Experience…
• Bachelors Degree required, preferably in Communications / TV / Film
• Willingness to work a shifted schedule (approximately 1 p.m. - 10 p.m. EST or 10 a.m. - 7 p.m. PT) with some weekends
• A minimum of 2 years work experience in a Post-Production / Media Management environment.
• Functional working experience with Avid Media Composer, and Adobe Creative Suite is required.
• Functional knowledge of file encoding/transcoding and delivery systems.
• Strong organizational, communication, and written skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to juggle many projects at once and remain organized and professional.
• Customer service attitude willing to go ''above and beyond'' to ensure successful outcomes for our producers and shows.
• Willing to sign an NDA and keep confidential material secret and secure
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $50,960.00 - $94,640.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-robz7p-44-192-79-149-42 in your application.