Your New Role...
Based in London, with particular focus on supporting and working with teams based mainly in Paris and London, this position will form part of the WBD Sports Legal team reporting into the Vice President Legal, Sports. The role will support all aspects associated with both the acquisition and exploitation of key Sports rights. Key responsibilities are anticipated to be acquisitions, production and exploitation of sports rights across a diverse range of sports for Eurosport, BT, D+ and other WBD owned channels and services.
Your Role Accountabilities...
• Leading and advising on the complex commercial sports matters, including advice on bids, in-life, partnering, strategy, production and disputes and procurement, with a particularly heavy focus on commercial legal transactional and advisory work to senior stakeholders across Sport.
• You will maintain individual relationships with (and help to manage the team's overall relationships with) internal Distribution, Digital, Operations and Corporate Legal teams and Regulatory Affairs.
• You will keep the Head of Legal and the relevant business stakeholders fully informed on key legal risks and opportunities and all other relevant strategic matters.
• Expected to take a leading role in supporting the Head of Legal in the management of the legal services provided in relation with the JV business.
• You will work to improve internal capability and to make sure that efficient processes are adopted to minimise the need for external legal spend.
• Provision of quality and timely legal support and/or advice.
• Management of external legal suppliers as applicable.
Qualifications & Experience...
• First class technical lawyer with extensive experience in the media sector.
• Deep knowledge of the sports media industry and convergence.
• Comprehensive understanding of the business objectives, processes and systems, and the legal and regulatory framework in which WBD Sports operates.
• Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to work effectively at all levels within the company.
• Excellent drafting, communication, stakeholder management, organisation, influencing skills.
• Key provider of day-to-day support to VP so must be a good team player, and have flexible, hands-on approach.
• Ability to work under time pressure to demanding timescales.
• Self-motivated, proactive, optimistic, energetic, resilient, effective at prioritising and able to deal with multiple matters at the same time.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvv5o0-44-192-79-149-42 in your application.